Chapter 61-The Jealous Husband

" Get the hell out of my office!" I shouted as my project manager left my office like he had been set on fire. My mood has been a total mess since I stumbled on those pictures on the internet and even worse when I watched the interview.

A dear friend indeed, he didn't know how disgusted I was with him and if he knew what was good for him, he'd take my warning seriously and stay away from Jane.

He could fool the interviewer and the whole world, but he couldn't fool me, he was beginning to have feelings for a woman who was pregnant with another man's child, didn't he have any self-respect?

A knock came on my door and my secretary slowly opened the door, she knew when I was angry and I think she was getting used to it.

" Sir, I got an impromptu notification from The International Union Of Architects, that there is going to be an emergency conference starting tomorrow and all members are expected to be in Dubai by tomorrow," Perfect timing, I needed to be away from everything so I could gather my thoughts, even if the travel is work-related.

" Make preparations, we'll be leaving later,"

" I'll do just that Sir," She said before leaving.

I needed to take care of some things before I could travel. I took my jacket in front where it was hung and put it on, then I left my office.

" Meet me at the airport at 7 pm," I said as I passed my secretary and headed for the elevator.

" Okay sir," I heard her say as the elevator door closed.

I drove to my favorite bar to have a few drinks with my friends, it had been ages since we met and some of them just returned to America. So it was some kind of a reunion, silly, but I've missed them, not like I was going to say it to their faces.

I parked my car outside and stepped into the bar and I could already see two of them seated involved in an intense conversation.

" What the hell!! See who decided to come out of his hiding place," my friend Jared said as he gave me a man hug.

" I missed you,"

" Ewww go away, that sounds so mushy," I said as I drew from him and gave a handshake to my other friend before taking a seat.

" Where are the others?" I asked as I picked up the menu and scanned through it.

" Andrew said he's gonna be here a little late he's babysitting," Roland said as he chuckled.

" Hold up, are you saying Andrew got married?"

" Yes dude, he's a daddy,"

" Well speak of the devil," Jared said as he pointed towards the door that Andrew just entered looking lost until he spotted us his eyes lit up and he made his way to us.

" You guys look as ugly as ever," He said with a smile before sitting beside me.

" Well you too," I said jokingly.

" How have you guys been? It's been like forever and not like I missed you guys or anything," He said, Andrew was more like me, we were not vocal with our emotions, we'd rather die than tell you we love you or missed you, but Jared was the direct opposite.

There were supposed to be five of us, and four of us were here, I looked to the door but didn't see who I was expecting.

" Guys, is Alex not coming?" I turned to the guys and they all looked as curious as I, not until one of us phone pinged and Jared brought his phone from his pocket, he looked through it and chuckled before putting the phone back in his pocket.

" Well guys, Alex says he wouldn't be able to make it because his wife is almost nine months and he doesn't want to leave her all alone." My mind quickly went to Jane but I pushed the thought of her into the back of my mind, I didn't want to get angry again.

" Well being a married man must be fun, but I chose to be single," Jared said referring to Andrew and Alex, he had always been the playboy and he didn't look like he had changed.

" Must be fun," Roland seconded as he laughed.

" You guys should really quit this playboy life and get a wife, you're both getting old," Andrew said, defending his married self.

" Why are you asking us, you should ask Markus, he should be married too," they all turned to me and I felt like a deer caught in the headlights but I just gave them an expressionless face.

" Don't ask me anything guys, I'm not married, I'm single as ever,"

" So are you saying after Fio…" Jared was about to say but Andrew quickly covered his mouth preventing whatever he was going to say as I glared at him

" He is still single, let's leave it there," Andrew said as the atmosphere became tense as they all passed glances at each other.

" Guys let's chill, we came here to have fun not glare at each other," Roland said as we chuckled, reducing the tense atmosphere.

We placed our orders and got to talking about other things that didn't involve marriage.

" We should really hang out like this more often," Andrew said as we all exited the bar.

" Yeah, well if the married men don't have something doing," Jared said as we all burst into laughter.

" Guys I've gotta go, I've got somewhere to be," I said before entering my car and driving off.

As soon as I got home my mood changed. Jane. I got out of my car and walked up the stairs but didn't go inside. I contemplated going into her room, I wasn't a fool and knew well enough that she wasn't still in the room I locked her in.

Before I could overthink it I was walking to her wing.

When I got to her door I saw it was left ajar and Jane was playing a video game and she was playing it quite well.

" How does it feel to be famous?" I asked out of nowhere and that made her jump in fright because she wasn't expecting me.

" Markus," she called as she paused the game and turned to me. She just kept looking at me like a prey being careful not to be attacked by its predictor.

" You seemed very comfortable when he was holding you, you looked happy, I'm sure you must have seen the pictures, the interview, he looked so happy talking about you, how did you feel?"

" Say something!" I suddenly said in anger, I didn't like the fact that I was talking to her and she just kept looking at me.

" What do you want me to say? Why do you always act like a jealous husband?"

" Because I'm jealous!!"