20. UNWANTED GUEST

Everyone shuffled into the forensic lab after Dr

Everyone shuffled into the forensic lab after Dr. Ishika discovered a clue, hinting that progress might finally be made in the case. The ambiguity surrounding the situation might become clearer now, shedding light on the mystery that has been hovering over this case.

"What's the clue?"I asked curiously.

"Well, remember when I mentioned the unusual pattern on the wound being deep?"

Dr. Ishika began to explain.

"After delving deeper, I realized it's actually a tattoo. When I examined Abhishek's body, I found a similar pattern marked by hot nail. However, Abhishek's pattern was more visible due to Trisha's body possibly being injured, making it harder to spot the pattern through the wound."Dr. Ishika shared.

"What's even more intriguing is that they both have the same pattern located at the back of their heads, and it seems to be relatively new based on the examination of Abhishek's body." Dr. Ishika continued, revealing this surprising connection between the victims.

"Both Abhishek and Trisha had their hearts removed and placed in a black box in a similar manner," she explained, emphasizing the eerie similarities between the two cases.

"So, you think they both were killed by the same person?" Yuvaan asked.

"Maybe....Oh, and also, their deaths were estimated to be at midnight, exactly at 12:00 am," she mentioned.

"Hmm, that's strange," Vansh commented, raising his eyebrows.

This case is next level, the killer not only ended their lives but did so with no regard for his own, the methodical way the killings were carried out tells me that the culprit is far from normal.....definitely not a normal person is capable of doing that.!!

"What's up with the pattern ?" Vanshika inquired, curiosity evident in her eyes.

"It's a fire pattern with a name next to it," Dr. Ishika explained.

We all gathered around the body and saw the name:

"NAINA"

"Naina," I whispered, a wave of emotions flooding over me at the sound of that name. My thoughts drifted to her, my mind went to the memory lane years ago, i shivered at the mere thought of her, her smile, her eyes, everything about her started haunting me,......

I just don't know what is happening to me but I feel my breath becomes faster, my heart beat raced, my hands become numb, i feel like I couldn't move.....i just want to stop these thoughts....my hands literally start shaking....I found a sudden difficulty in breathing....

But then a hand placed on my shoulder I saw yuvaan and his eyes held care for me he blinked his eyes reassuring me I found myself relaxed and comfortable with his gestures....the reality hits me, and I composed myself by saying that it's all past and that Naina can be someone else.