Chapter 19

"What do you mean that Jonah is not a hunter?", I ask confused. Fenrir's eyes are rather cold as he stays quiet. But then he lets out a soft sigh. "You want to hear a story?", he suddenly asks with a small grin on his face. "Is it long?", I ask. Fenrir shrugs. "Yes or no?" 

I nod my head and I see his smile fade away and become serious again. "Once upon a time, when the clans were still united as one, there ruled a king. He was the only bloodborn, born as a werewolf which made his abilities beyond powerful. In his young time, he was obsessed with power and created an army by biting humans, making them the same monster he was. Since he was a bloodborn, he lived way longer than any of them. But even a king as powerful as him had his weak point... a human girl. He went against his nature and changed for her, no longer being the greedy king he once was. They had three children, three boys who were destined to rule the kingdom after his death. The oldest and firstborn was called Johannes..." 

Johannes Key... I can't help but listen carefully to the story. This might give me a clue as to where he is.

".... He was just like his father a pure werewolf. A bloodborn, just as powerful as he used to be. The second son was named Jonah, unlike his father, he was a pure human. The only thing remaining was the age, he would slowly age like other wolves just not have the right abilities to rule his kingdom. The third son was named after the king's father: Fillip. He was a half-breed. They both loved their sons equally despite being different. But his wife grew old, and he remained young. He swore to never turn her into a monster just like him and had no other choice but to let go. His wrath and greed came back, born out of grief. The wolves who lived in peace and harmony were sent back to take over humanity, for some reason he blamed it on them. The three brothers came back together and swore to protect both sides. After a large battle, their father was defeated. Even through his evilness, he was the only one to hold the werewolves together. There came many rebellions after that, and the large kingdom parted into different clans all over the world." 

My mouth has parted a bit after all this information. I'm speechless but Fenrir just continues. 

"The three brother swore to protect each of their own. Johannes was king in the kingdom that remained, ruling his land in peace and harmony like it used to be. Jonah joined the humans, leading the hunters to protect humanity from werewolves who meant harm. But even the humans after a while gave themselves to their cruel nature and started killing innocent werewolves as well. Fillip disappeared among humans and werewolves, he was the player in between those worlds. However, his appearance disappeared among the wolves as soon as the projects started. He wasn't heard again... till his death." 

"Fillip... man I had no idea...", I say softly. Many emotions go through me. All this time he was so much more than I could ever imagine. A warrior, a werewolf, a prince in a matter of speaking too. 

"Yes, It's a lot to take in. But I just want to say that either has his own cruel side. Johannes and Jonah both did. I assume Fillip was maybe still the less wicked of them. But there is something I don't get...", says Fenrir. "And what's that?", I ask curiously. Fenrir's eyes meet mine, and I feel my heart skip a beat. "Even though Fillip is a half-breed, he didn't like humans. It was known to everyone. His mother's death broke him in a way. Yet he blended into the human world, and came back with... a human girl..." His eyes keep focused on mine. "...and wanting to take her to the most populated werewolf clan on the whole globe." 

"Do you suspect he had bad intentions?", I ask but Fenir shakes his head. "No... I think quite the opposite." I look at him confused. Fenrir comes closer as his voice becomes a soft whisper. "There has been foretold that a human will end the upcoming war." "Hoho, wait wait", I say quickly. "That's the first time I hear this. Is there even a war going on?", I ask. Fenrir shakes his head. "No there isn't. That's why it's confusing. It was said that only the human was allowed to find Johannes Key. But of course that happened ages ago, so it's probably bullshit", he says in the same annoyed and bored tone as before. "That's indeed confusing", I agree with Fenrir. "But Fillip thought it was me?" Fenrir shrugs. "I don't know, it could be. Or maybe he just wanted to mess with his brother or something, but I doubt that." 

The silence surrounds us, it's so much information to process. There has to be a mistake in his explanation, otherwise Fillip made a mistake. "Does that mean that our friendship wasn't real?", I ask softly, my heart aches at the thought. Fenrir's eyes soften. Suddenly, I feel his hand pat the top of my head. "No, I think it was real. I'm sure he must have cared a lot about you." 

As soon as he finishes his sentence I hug Fenrir. His body tenses a bit, but after a few seconds relaxes. His arm wraps around him. "Thank you, for telling me this", I say softly, my voice muffled through his clothing. "Don't mention it. Also, you didn't hear it from me." 

I nod my head and smile, looking up at him. 

Suddenly, the ground vibrates a bit, followed by an explosion. The tent gets blown away and a very bright light of fire comes at us. "Look out!" 

I get pushed down by Fenrir, but the fire already comes our way...