B

"And the end of my name reminds me of Love, for whoever calls me by my right name evokes Love's tint within me." - Chrétien de Troyes

"No! That was my one! Mummy!" one of Eloise's children screamed whilst waving her hand frantically. In her room Zahara was reading through her textbook attempting to get some studying in, having returned to Eloise two weeks ago because Ahmed wanted her to focus a bit more on it rather than assisting. She will be going with him tomorrow though. Some things don't change. She thinks whilst closing her book frustrated. Then she thought about seeing if there was a place quiet enough to study outside. Sure, she was used to this routine having been in the same situation for more than four years, but now she has the freedom to choose what she wants to do to change that and her decision is to study elsewhere. So she grabs her winter boots and shuffles them on. Her shawl is thrown around her dark oak dress and she wraps her newly made crochet scarf Eloise taught her to knit around her head and tucks it into her shawl. She snatches her sack containing her textbook. Waving a goodbye to Eloise, telling her she'll be back by noon. She makes her way to the mountainous area hidden away quietly by the castle, nearly falling over from the strong wind that nearly lifts her. Nevermind. She turns to the colonnade, recalling a seating area between one of the pillars and makes her way there quickly. When she arrives she is lucky to find it vacant. Alright! Study time! She thinks optimistically through slight shivers and twitches. When she sat down the stone material was freezing to her bottom but she couldn't care less, huffing and puffing to calm the shivering.

Every word she read did not stick to her mind. In this condition her focus both visually and mentally was appalling.

"Miss Zahara?" A female voice calls out of nowhere. She jumps startled having not heard anyone approaching. It was one of Baldwin's maids. The one she had met when on the tour.

"You may recognise me from before. I am Cora, one of the Kings maids. He has requested for you." She says, her maid attire still on.

"But I don't have the equipment and th- plus I don't even know what to- '' Cora waves her hand frantically.

"No no it's not that, he just wants to have a word." Zahara relaxes, slowly standing to pack her book away, wondering what it may be about. She hoped he wasn't angry or dissatisfied, both because she wanted to have a good impression and not lose her job.

As she stands before the curtain to his room she straightens her posture as a guard announces her presence.

"Come forward." She hears and walks in. He is holding paper work in his hand at a round table packed with scrolls and drawing equipment.

"Why are you sitting out in the freezing cold?" He asks, looking through the scrolls on the table.

"I just needed some time alone, that's all." She admits to herself, having been denying her lack of self-care. Wait, how did he know?

"I see. Is everything alright?" He questions, his head frequently glancing up at her.

"Yes! It's just a bit noisy there. The kids..."

Baldwin freezes and stares at her trying to hide how his eyes widened.

"Ah... Impressive. Looking after your children and being a physician-"

"Goodness they aren't my children! N-no! I live with a mother that has children." Huffing and waving her hand around as she explains, Baldwin takes back his statement silently, intertwining his fingers.