Chapter 5: A Sandy Situation

In the lower parts of Manhattan. In the rough neighborhoods, a black car with tented windows drove down the dark street. The light poles that counted the sidewalk lit up small parts of the road and alleys that were too dark to see. Homeless people with no shelter laid in the alleyways, using dirty rugs or rugged dirty jackets as cover to sleep through the night.

Some laid on cardboard boxes, or slept next to a trash can that burned with fire to keep warm. Above, the sounds of the subway train passed overhead on the train tracks. A sound that was all apart of the rough part of the night. Passing through all of this the car drove over to an abandoned building.

Pulling into the garage the gate shut down behind it. With a press of a button the floor lowered down into a secret part of the building that no-one would expect to find. Reaching the lower floor the doors to the car opened, as out stepped one and only Flint Marco. Wearing his standard green striped long sleeve shirt and khaki cargo pants and boots.

Standing there he stared at the place as he recounted how he got here.

Flashback

Just a few moments earlier, an explosion blew up a wall into the sewer. Out came out Marco and O'hirn who ran into the tunnel with bags of money and jewelry stolen from a store they ran out of.

Marco: First time I ever blown my way out of a store.

He joked running out into the lower grounds beneath the city.

O'hirn: Yeah, Marco. Biggest score we ever made I'm loving it.

Marco: Heh, I'm loving there's no spider creep or a costumed rabbit-man prancing on my style.

Dekiru: Didn't know you had any style.

He spoke shocking the two as they looked forward to see Dekiru standing there with Spiderman hanging upside down from a web.

Dekiru: And this is the last time I gotta hear about someone calling me a rabbit man.

Spiderman: I mean they do make a point, I'm dressed as a spider and your dressed as a...rabbit.

Dekiru: Man, who side are you on.

He says taking a glance at him.

Spiderman: My bad, my bad.

He apologizes before looking back to the two robbers.

Spiderman: So we're gonna give you guys a choice. You want me to apprehend you or...

*CRACK*

Flinching, the two looked over to Dekiru who smashed his fist into his hand as he popped his knuckles menacingly.

Spiderman: him. You choose.

He says as the two then slowly point at Spiderman as Dekiru smirked behind his mask.

Dekiru: Right choice.

He said as Spiderman then proceeded to web the two up.

After their little entanglement, the two were dropped off at the police station as they sat behind bars waiting their time out...

Marco: Two bags, full of cash, and we lost them. I can't believe it.

O'hirn: I can't believe we lost to those pathetic little wimps. What irks my nerves is that we were chickened because of a little bone pop. If I had the strength I'd pop a few more bones in that little green punk, starting with his arms. Break em like twigs if I could.

He said punching his fist into his hand. But to their surprise and shock, an officer walked over to their cell as he unlocked it.

Officer: Bails been paid. Guess punks can have friends who would have ever knew.