32. Drunk

MORNING TIME, MUMBAI

"You're welcome, Mr. Mehra. We look forward to establishing strong relationships with your company," Malini said, placing her shades before her eyes as she bid goodbye to one of her investors.

"And we thank you for your time, Ms. Malini," Mr. Mehra said, extending his hand for a handshake.

Malini smiled as she shook his hand and then turned on her heel, leaving the building. She quickly settled into a waiting car, ready to depart.

"Take the car to a nearby mall," Malini said, gazing out of the window. The driver promptly turned the wheels to reach the nearest shopping center.

After a few minutes, the car halted in front of a big mall. Malini stepped out from the vehicle and instructed the driver to wait. Navigating through the bustling crowds, she made her way inside and headed towards the cafeteria section. Engrossed in a call, her eyes suddenly fell on a particular figure across the room.

Malini's eyes widened in surprise as she recognized the person before her. She was taken aback to see her in Mumbai, a city far from where she expected to encounter her acquaintance.

"SHE....."

~~~~~~~

MORNING TIME, JAISALMER

"Chandu Ji, there is something bothering you. Are you ok?" Shalini suggested, narrowing her eyes in concern.

"No, Shalini ji, I'm fine," Chandu replied, continuing her work as they both resided in the kitchen, preparing a dish.

"I see how fine you are," Shalini remarked, giving her a bored look.

"Okay, just tell me, how is Rana?" Shalini asked out of the blue, hiding her mischievous smile making Chandu frown at her.

"Why are you asking me? You know we hate each other," Chandu replied, engrossed in her work.

"That's precisely why I'm asking you; haters know better than anyone," Shalini persisted, looking at Chandu keenly, trying to elicit a reaction. "So, Chandu ji, tell me, how do you find Rana?"

"He.. he is rude and arrogant, always an angry bird in disguise, but he is sweet and loyal as far as I have seen him," Chandu replied, her tone tinged with honesty. "I love how he treats Hukum Ranisa as his mother and stands like a true companion beside Hukum Sa." Shalini listened keenly, smiling as she achieved her goal of eliciting a response from Chandu.

"Also, he is sweet to everyone, respects everyone except me," Chandu added with a wincing look, spreading the food and complaining.

"Oh, Chandu, thank you so much. At least this will help me in finding him a perfect girl. Thank you," Shalini said, jumping off the counter. She noticed Chandu frowning, her eyes filled with confusion.

"Perfect girl? What does that mean, Shalini ji?" Chandu asked, looking at her curiously.

"Finding a girl for him to marry, it's time that he should get married, you know." Shalini said casually, trying hard to conceal her mischievous amusement.