(𝐈) 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

THEY HADN'T ALLOWED HER OUT OF THEIR SIGHT FOR LONG.

Each of them didn't feel like they could leave their side, so they agreed to take turns staying with her each day, as a compromise. The only day that they had allowed her to be with her soul-brother for the day was the result of plenty of persuasion from the brunette.

As of now, Katherine lay against Marcus' side in his private library, it was smaller than the great one, filled with rows upon rows of age-old pages, yet his felt more homier, it's tall bookshelves stayed against the walls, covering every inch, while the centre of the room adorned a rug that lay beneath a plush sofa, sat in front of the fireplace that usually roared with flames.

Yet with the astonishingly warm September, it lay dormant. Katherine found herself nestling against her mates, appreciating the coolness of their marble skin. They had laughed at the action at first, finding it strange as huddling usually for the opposite effect that she used it for.

'Your bandages need changing, tesoro.' He pointed out, looking up from the book in his lap that the two had been reading in a comfortable silence, only broken by the girl's steady breath. He straightened up, allowing his love to do the same before he stood, then he sped over to where she assumed the medical wing to be positioned. Coming back mere seconds later with the white roll among other pieces of equipment.

'I didn't know you guys could remember how to bandage from your human days.' She scoffed playfully, which was met with a soft chuckle from the man.

'We still have to do it sometimes now.' He explained, sitting beside her once more, taking her hand in his, speaking to keep her mind off of the pain she may experience. 'When we have our arms or something ripped off, they don't exactly just attach back on, we have to bandage them back on until they bind back to our bodies.' Marcus skilfully swept the old material off of her hand first, then swapping it out for a clean bandage, wrapping it hastily, while still ensuring it was done to perfection, before taking off the dressing patch.

'It isn't the nicest thing to do, mind you.' He grimaced, visibly wincing at the sight of the bite mark still left in her neck. 'All your nerves among other things binding back together.'

'Ew.'

His laugh echoed throughout the room. 'Indeed, "Ew"' Marcus' smile was contagious and Katherine found herself mirroring his reaction while he applied a fresh patch onto her neck.

'Is it... Weird?' She asked, her voice suddenly quieter.

'What's weird, amore?' His brows furrowed as he continued to change a few other smaller plasters and patches and the remaining bandages.

'Me being human, is it inconvenient? I mean, you have to be so much more careful, with everything, just because I'm not like everyone else.' She rambled, her insecurities and fear washing over her face clearly.