Rude Awakening [Updated]

Update: This is an updated version of the part, which contains some changes in plot details + Catnap's motivations to be a bit more consistent.

This should hopefully be an overall improved version of the story, that should make it both better and easier to understand!

Minor note: Before we begin, here's a few things to keep in mind!

While this IS a x reader fic in the sense, I'm also trying to incorporate the context of the Player!

Furthermore, you can essentially be whichever gender you identify as here, and kinda imagine yourself! This actually works out rather well considering the Player is, well...a mostly blank slate.

Annnd one other thing to note. While this does follow the in-game lore, Catnap is not Theo here, and is an adult. This is for rather obvious reasons.

Anyways, enjoy!

'Ough....my head...'

You thought to yourself as you slowly began to awaken from the crash, although in flashes, fading in and out of consciousness, at first, the only view being wreckage, the train in particular in front of you.

However, as you kept fading, the environment around you changed. First, there was no train, although you seemed to be in a similar area.

Then, once your eyes reopened, you found yourself....moving? But how? You couldn't have been, you were unconcious.

Until you noticed a shadow, which you barely made out through the darkness.

However, you didn't fade back out to this, slowly coming to your senses, a slight bit of panick building up inside you.

You looked up to see a familiar face...

Catnap! He looked...different though. Taller, and more monstorous. His purple was more of a faded color, rather than bright and colorful like before, when his appearence was more similar to that of Dogday's.

"C...Catnap?"

You muttered. The cat took notice that you were awake, but he didn't speak quite yet. He was holding you by his mouth.

You looked around at the environment around you. You were in a lower part of the factory.

Wait...no. Not just a lower part.

You were in...Playcare? But...but how?!

And why did Catnap look so different? Was he like the other toys now? Well...you did remember hearing about the sudden shutdown of the factory, but you still had no idea what happened to it, or the employees!

Not to mention that Catnap was one of the only toys you befriended. Well, aside from the other critters. You didn't get to know any of the other toys very well, although their hostility was unusual, even with the little knowledge you had about them.