The Heretic

Catnap made his way to the prison, making sure that no mini critters were following him. He needed that heretic alive, after all. Though, he admittedly didn't want to lose him, either.

Catnap approached the dog's cage. It was as dirty as usual, some old, dried stains of blood barely visible in the dimly lit room. The Dog shook slightly in his chains.

If he still had his legs, he would have walked up to face the cat. Of course, he only had his top half, so all he could do was lift his head to face the cat.

"You. What brings you here this time?"

The dog smirked slightly, scoffing at the larger entity. One that could easily kill him with a simple swipe. Still, he knew the cat wouldn't do such a thing, so he was willing to test his luck.

"Have ya finally decided to kill me, old 'friend'?"

The dog asked, narrowing his eyes into a glare as he stared at the cat. The feline's expression didn't change, however. Seemingly unphased...for the most part.

"I need you, Dogday."

Dogday rolled his eyes, scoffing once more. If his arms were free, he would have crossed them. Was that cat even trying to make up a good lie?

What could he possibly want from him? He wasn't nearly as strong, and he obviously wasn't any use to The Prototype either, since he refused to join his cause.

"Please, that's a first. You have an entire critter army at your disposal. What could you possibly need from a heretic like me?"

Dogday asked, a clear attitude in his voice. Normally, he'd be more than willing to help out Catnap, prior to everything. But after what he's done....he isn't sure if he'd have it in him to give the cat another chance.

Not until he agrees to leave that false 'god' of his for good, at least.

Catnap didn't show any emotion, still. That unwavering grin and soul piercing glare remaining fixated on Dogday.

"I told an old employee, Y/N, about what happened."

Dogday's eyes widened slightly. Y/N? The only employee he ever got along with...he lied to him, didn't he?! That little...!

"Did you tell Y/N the truth?"

The cat went silent for a moment, a small tinge of guilt hitting him.

Even after all that he's done, he still had a heart. And that heart had a soft spot for Y/N. He hated that he had to lie to them, but he couldn't afford to lose them, either.

Catnap opened the cage, entering as he continued, ignoring the dog's question. Dogday tried to back up slightly, though barely could. Given his restraints.

"I told Y/N that the critters were killed by the other toys. And of course, that The Prototype forced me to hurt you. I expect you to play along, heretic."