ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

I stumbled as I felt my feet hit the unfamiliar floor, and strong hands grabbed my arms, steadying me, and stopping me from falling flat on my ass.

I quickly pulled my arms away once I'd regained my balance, praying that the person who'd grabbed me hadn't been able to feel the blades concealed under my sleeves.

"Are you okay?" Looking up, I could see a tall brunet boy with dark eyes and curly hair staring down at me in concern. He seemed to be around my age, and the most noticeable thing about him was the scar slicing across the bridge of his nose.

Concern shadowed his face as he stared down at me.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine." I responded quickly, trying not to sound flustered, even though I'd just been fucking teleported across the damn earth.

In reality, my head was reeling, and I felt dizzy and slightly nauseous.

Yeah.

Fuck you, Hecate.

"Right." The guy in front of me nodded slowly, although he didn't seem convinced. "And how the hell did you get in here? You're not supposed to be able to apparate within Hogwarts grounds."

"Uhh..." I hesitated, trying to come up with a reasonable answer. Chiron had told me a few of the Wizard terms, but 'apparate' definitely wasn't one of them.

Luckily, I was saved from answering by the creak of one of the large wooden double doors in the side of the hallway edging open slightly. Looking over, I saw an elderly-looking woman peek her head out.

"Ah, Miss Potter, you've arrived." She said, stepping out into the corridor.

I nodded uncertainly, glancing around. There were three boys standing in the hallway other than me.

The woman —who despite her age, seemed quite nimble— walked towards us briskly, closing the door behind her.

"Now, all of you, the first years have already been sorted into their houses, and in a moment Professor Dumbledore will introduce you transfer students." She explained.

So these three must be the transfer students I'm supposed to be watching... I realised, glancing around again at the three others.

The other two were both pretty tall, too, and both brunets, although there was a very inside variation in their faces.

Great. I let out an internal sigh. They all have to be hot as fuck, don't they?

"If you did not already know, I am Professor McGonagall, Deputy Headmaster of the school." She added, glancing back towards the doors she'd come out of. "Now, if you'll all follow me, please."

We all followed her to the doors. I trailed at the back of the group slightly, since I didn't actually know any of the transfer students. Plus, I was supposed to be watching them and being cautious and all that.

Professor McGonagall held the door open and ushered us inside in front of her. As I stepped inside the room, I felt my eyes widen ever so slightly at the sight.

We stood at the front of a huge hall, with a high vaulted roof and fancy, floor-to-ceiling windows. Four long tables were stretched out in a row with different seated at them. Something that I immediately noticed was that the students at the table had different coloured ties and accents to their robes. One table was red, one green, one yellow and one blue.

Candles floated in the air high above everyone's heads, and above that, the roof was lit up with an image of the night sky. Glancing behind me, I could see another table, which seemed to have all the teachers sitting at it