001

Sunlight streamed through the towering deodar trees as a car entered the bustling campus of Rosewood High. Sitting inside was a quiet girl who was going to start a journey completely opposite from her life in the opposite part of India.

"Are you ready Mirra?"Her father asked her.

She just gave him a nod as they walked towards the main office.

They were greeted by the Head of Counselor - Mrs Mary, a woman in her 50s."I'll take it from here Mr.Joseph, you needn't worry, your Mirra will make the best of her time here" she said with a kind and reassuring smile making Mirra smile at her.

Mr.Joseph hugged his daughter one last time before departing.

Mirra could hear the laughter, greetings, and the rhythmic thud of lockers that echoed through the high-ceilinged hall as they passed the school building. She caught glimpses of students in crisp uniforms.Mrs.Mary shared a bit about the history of the school. They stopped when they reached the building which had a beautiful wooden board at its entrance and carved on it was "Persephone's Residence".Vine leaves crept up the building and Mirra was in awe of it.

"So Mirra, this is your home for the next 2 years here. There are 4 dorm houses in total - Athena, Persephone, Hera, and Aphrodite. Each dorm will have students from 6th to 12th graders. Each room has 8 students. Each dorm has a Warden and a nurse, so you have nothing to worry about"Mrs.Mary says and guides her over to Mrs. Sharma, her dorm house warden.

Mrs. Sharma seemed of a very strict demeanor. Her voice held the authority as she guided Mirra through some information.

She was assigned dorm room 302 in which the '3' stands for the floor.

"Please hand over your phone"

Mirra switched off her phone and handed it over to Mrs. Sharma as phones were not allowed and would only be given to students when they were going out.

"So listen to the rules carefully, I won't repeat this again - dorm curfew at 9:30 pm, strict meal timings (breakfast 7:00-8:00 am, lunch 1:00-3:00 pm, dinner 7:30-9:00 pm), permission required for outings with a signed slip, Laundry timings (Wednesday and Friday) and your no. will be 3028"

Mirra nodded.

"I need words, Mrs.Joseph"

"Yes ma'am, it's crystal clear," Mirra said.

"Good" Mrs. Sharma says and leaves.

Mirra entered the room and found 4 bunk beds only one of the top bunks was unoccupied which she assumed was hers. There were 8 cupboards. She found 3 sets of uniforms in the cupboard with the name Mirra on it. Two Sets were similar to the ones she saw the students wearing and one was the tracksuit. She also found a Letter and a maroon leather-bound diary with "Rosewood High" written in cursive and in golden color.

 She also found a Letter and a maroon leather-bound diary with "Rosewood High" written in cursive and in golden color

She kept the timetable in the diary and began to unpack

By the time she was done, the room door opened and 4 students bustled in.2 of them went to their respective sides while 2 walked towards her.

"So you're the newbie?"One of them said.

"Hi..."Mirra said not sure what she was supposed to say.

"So where are you from?" the other asked.

"Bangalore" Mirra replied

"Class?"

"11-A"

"I'm Swetha Tiwari and this is Ria Khanna,12th, commerce, "The girl said

"I'm-"She was cut off

"Nah...darling we don't care who you are. Just stay away from us"Ria says and they leave.

Mirra was slightly shocked by their behavior.

The other girl who entered the room also walks, more like rushing towards her. She is carrying a pink violin case on her shoulder and a track bag in her hand.

"Should..uh..I stay away from you too?"

"What? No...I'm Riddhi Vyas and I just wanted to tell you to not listen nor care about them, that's it and yeah it was nice meeting you" She says in a hurried tone and runs out of the room.

Mirra tries to process the types of personalities she just met.

'It wouldn't be that bad here I guess...' she thinks to herself.

THANK YOU!

DO VOTE AND COMMENT