CHAPTER 7: THE HALLUCINATION

"What!" Mary yelled.

"Shh, someone will hear us" I shushed Mary on our way to the library.

"Do you want to have yourself killed; the King caught you eavesdropping for crying out loud" Mary whisper yelled as she flared her arms around like a mad woman.

"I am not dead now, am I?" I said glaring at her.

"So, what happened next?" she asked.

"Nothing" I said as we successfully entered the library without being seen.

"Nothing?" she asked looking at me suspiciously as I avoided her eyes.

"Yes, that is what I said" I said scrolling through books.

"But..." she wanted to question when our discussion came to a halt when we heard a voice.

"Who is there, show yourself now" the voice of a guard yelled, and we both looked at each other eyes wide.

"I told you to be quiet" I whisper yelled at her before she dragged me into a corner where we both hid.

What is it with me and getting into trouble lately. I got increasingly scared as the touch seem to draw closer to where we were.

"I will run out and distract him, find a way to get back to the room unnoticed" Mary said as she was about to walk out but I stopped her drawing her back.

"Are you insane, they will kill you" I said.

"Well at least you will be safe" she said shrugging before forcing my hands away, the light was close to us now.

"Mary don't I would not forgive you" I threatened her.

She looked at me apologetically and as she was about to walk out a voice stopped our movements.

"You may leave, I'd like my night reading alone" he said.

It was the King.

"Your highness" the guard bowed before walking away quickly. I sighed in relief; I cannot believe we were almost caught.

As soon as the guard left, the King walked around for a bit before walking out of the room.

"There was a safe" I said laughing in relief.

"I cannot believe I was about to sacrifice my beautiful self for you" Mary joked.

"It was your fault we were almost caught anyways, I told you to keep it down" I said glaring at her jokingly.

"We should leave for tonight; I do not think I have the heart to read a fairytale after that scary moment" she said.

"You read my thought" I said as we both sneakily walked out of the library, Mary was watching the front while I was watching her back, it was a method we created for both of us to watch out for each other.

I stopped as I seem to make out someone and I felt shocked as I saw the King standing there as if he was waiting for us to come out.

He knew!

"I thought I told you to stay out of trouble" he mouthed smirking, and I gasped out. Why does this man keep appearing in front of me.

"What is it?" Mary whisper yelled as she protectively stood in front of me.

"The King, there" I said pointing but I realized I was pointing at a bare wall.

"The King, where?" Mary asked as she looked around.

"What! I saw him just now" I said confused.

"This is so not the time to play pranks on me Fayre, come on let's go" she said before dragging me off and I kept looking back confused.

I am sure I saw him!

.....

"It is not funny" I said glaring at Octavius as he laughed his ass off, almost falling of the wooden chair in my room.

Mary was off doing God knows what as we were done working for the day, Octavius came not quite long, saying he needed to see me at least once a day before light out. So, I decided to tell him a little about what happened yesterday.

"So, you mean my brother caught you eavesdropping then caught you and your friend sneaking into the library and you are still alive" he laughed.

"I am being serious here" I said pouting.

"Of course, you are" he said nodding his head trying to hide his smile.

"You do not believe me" I said.

"Of course, I do not silly, the drugs probably made you hallucinate things, the brother I know is not the type to leave a human unpunished" he said his mind seems to be far away.

"Why does he hate humans so much?" I asked.

"What supernatural doesn't hate humans" he said.

"Do you hate me then?" I asked.

"Of course not, why would you ask that?" he yelled hitting my head.

"You said all supernaturals hate humans" I said shrugging.

"You are different" he said making me squint my eyes at him.

"What makes me different?" I asked.

"He does not hate you because he likes you" Mary said as she entered the room.

"What, I should leave, seems the King is looking for me" he yelled out before running out.

"What was that all about" I asked Mary confused.

"Ahh, is it just me or you seem to be more clueless than you look" Mary said coming to sit on my bed with me.

"What do you mean?" I asked feeling left out and offended.

"That man likes you Fayre" she said.

"No, he does not" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Why then do you think he hangs around?" she asked.

"Because we are friends" I said shrugging.

"Friends?" she asked laughing.

"What?"

"He is royal Fayre, he has friends in many cities and kingdoms, but he still comes around to hang out with us here in this filthy room when he can be having tea with his fellow nobles" she said in a matter-of-fact tone.
"He is just a nice person" I said.

"Believe what you want, I am going to bed because I am so exhausted" she said teasingly before walking to her bed.

Octavius likes me?

No, he does not!

No, he should not!

I think of him only as a friend, sometimes I even forget he is even royal, at first, I was mad at him when I learnt he was royal but when he kept coming, he just grew on me, and I automatically took him as my friend.

I am just going to forget what Mary said and pretend like I did not hear anything.