Chapter One

-Zipporah-

Zipporah's dress above. Thats what her dress looks like, not her.

I look around my wardrobe, searching for something suitable for a dinner with my sisters.
I wish I spent some time buying clothes that I could wear out, and not just to classes.

Just when I think all hope is lost, I drag out this purple dress I've had for sometime now. Its below my knees, and it still fits. Cheers to adding height instead of weight. I guess.

Silently celebrating my successful mission, I hop in the shower, quickly scrub my body and run out. Do I use these skincare stuff or not? Hm. Tough choice. I think I'll just use the body lotion, and oil, then use my face serum and face moisturizer.
It could be a hot night.

"I'm ready!", I hear my immediate younger sister, Rachel, yell from the living room.

I rush in pulling my dress on and I place a pair of clear pumps on the floor, by my bed.
I sit in front of my vanity and contemplate on what to do with my hair. Good news, its in corn rows, and I think I'll go with my 16inch body wave wig. Its a center part wig and I really love it. Its not lace, and that's even better. No time.

I wear a little foundation, mascara and clear lip gloss. I brush and fill in my brows, and wear my wig, standing up. I rush to put on my shoes and I look down at my wrist. God.
"Eeeeeehhhhhh", I squeal. Practically running back to my vanity I open up the cupboard pulling out my gold watch, with really cute gold bracelets. I wear my simple golden earrings.

Drowning myself in body spray and mist -which is an over exaggeration, cause they're mine and I won't be caught using more than 3 pumps at a stretch, I pick my black purse with chains and look in the mirror.

Yum. I grab my phone from is charger and walk out of my room.

"Let's gooo. The queen herself is ready". I yell coming down the stairs, with a smile.

I see both of my sisters waiting -impatiently, for me. Too bad they couldn't leave the designated driver behind.
"Oya let's go naw. You both heard me yet you remained seated". I complained, moving towards the dinning table to grab the car keys.
"Mummy bye". I hear my youngest sister yell.
"You girls are leaving? let me see yet". My mum responds.

Pausing her business in the kitchen, she stops in front of us.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. You all look gorgeous. Have a good time gals".

"Thank you mummy"

"Thank you"

"Thank you mummy" All three of us say in unison.

"With how good you look, try and bring someone one o, I'm referring to you, Zip." And there she goes, my mum, everyone.

"I'll try ma." I joke walking out the front door. This woman. Its not like I'm not trying, I am. Some guys are just mental.

Getting in the car, I hear the front door slam and the familiar click clack of heels, and I watch Esther and Rachel walk to the car.

Ever since I started driving, 1 year ago (don't judge), I've enjoyed it -long distances excluded.

We deserve this break. Its been non stop schooling for the past 6 years. I finished studying biochemistry 6 years ago, and I took up medicine and surgery. Its not about the hype, trust me. I just have this passion and with God on my side, I'll achieve every single goal I've set. My sister Rachel, embarked on a similar journey as well but in a different institution, while Esther is now in her 3rd year studying Law.