The Prologue Adjourned

After the group had retrieved the magestone and made a run for it, the monster was not all too pleased by this as anger fueled it's being,"MYYY STOOOOOOONE!" it roars as it mustered up the strength to throw off the heap of cauldrons on its back before giving chase after the group.

Y/n saw this as she peeks over Ace's shoulder,"Uh, guys, that things is coming right at us!" she warns as she tightens her grip around Ace,"Are you kiddin' me?! It's still coming! It pushed off all that weight!" the ginger pants as the group made it near the cottage,"Ooooooooogh...! Giiive it baaaaack...!" the ink entity roars as it swings its pickaxe out of rage.

"It's too fast! It's about to catch us!" Deuce panics as y/n noticed a few new cracks on the monster's head,"But you guys weakened it! If you strike it now, then there's a chance you'll beat it!" she says and Ace grits his teeth,"Aw, fine! Let's just smash the thing." he says as the group skids to a stop and he puts y/n down in favor to retrieve his magical pen.

"Try not to wet yourself, Deucey!" he adds with a serious expression,"Same to you, Ace!" Deuce pulls out his magical pen as well,"I'm gonna show ya why they call me Grim the Great!" Grim growls as he arches his back before blowing fire at the monster.

Y/n was quick to hid herself behind a tree as a safety measure for herself and her kid, since she can't do much in this situation. Blows after blow, the boys gave it their all as they threw attacks at the monster. Ace and Grim used their combo attack again while Deuce three cauldrons after cauldrons at it.

Y/n gasps as the cracks grew on the monster's head,"Guys! Aim for it's head! Just one shot and it'll burst!" she shouts and the boys nod at each other before combined their attacks to throw at the monster's head.

True to her word, the entity's bottle head bursts as black, goopy ink spews from it. It fell to its knees as its body disappears into black smoke, leaving nothing behind but a few splatters of ink,"Is it... over?" Ace pants as the boys kept their guard up for a bit longer.

"I think... we won? I think we did it!" Grim smiles with relief,"All right!" Deuce throws his fist into the air in victory,"Woohoo!" Ace hollars with joy as Grim jumps into the air,"Gimme a victory high-five!" he holds his paws out while in the air and the two boys quickly high-five his paws before he lands on the ground.

"Yeeeah!" they cheer once more while y/n smiles with relief as well as she comes out from behind the tree,"Aww, look at you all~ Getting along together and all that." she cooes jokingly as the boys jump away from each other,"Uh... I don't think that had anything to do with it." Deuce says awkwardly,"Yeah! Spare us the clichés, y/n!" Ace says with an embarrassed blush.

"There's no 'together' here! We won 'cause of me! This is all from me bein' a magical genius!" Grim boasts proudly,"Y'know... I hate to admit it, but... We mostly won because of your plan." Ace says as he scratches his cheek with one finger,"Yeah... if you hadn't managed to keep your cool and tell us all what to do, we never would have got this magestone." Deuce says with awe as he pulls out the magestone and stares at it with glimmering eyes,"Now I won't get expelled. And wow, is THAT a relief!" he says with a wide smile.

"Well I'm happy to hear that." y/n says before letting out a breath as she leans against a tree with a hand on her stomach,"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" Deuce frets as Ace sports a concerned expression as well along with Grim,"We're fine. I think the adrenaline just wore off and now I'm emotionally drained. Anyways, I'm just glad nobody got hurt." y/n says with a soft smile.

"Yeah, yeah, lessons were learned, et cetera. Can we just go home already? I'm wiped." Ace says as he turns away to hide his blush,"Usin' all that magic made me hungry!" Grim pats his stomach before spotting glittering between the grass,"Huh? What's this?" he picks up the object and found it to be a black stone.