35 | connected by light

I let out a deep sigh, leaning against the railing as I stare at the moon

I let out a deep sigh, leaning against the railing as I stare at the moon. It's been a week since everything's happened. A whole week and that's what my mind has been on every single day since.

Dr. Arya has been taking care of Kylian. She won't let anyone see him. No visitors, she said. So for a whole week, I've just been wondering if he's okay or not because she won't tell me anything either. Protocols or whatever.

Isiah has been comforting Riley. She hasn't been the same since her duo left. I haven't seen them in a couple of days since they took off to get their mind off of everything.

Kylo is just... emotionless. When I walk past his bedroom I sometimes hear him cry. I really do try to talk to him but Riley says this is how he deals with stuff: by himself.

We had a funeral for her a couple of days ago. It's sad that Kylian couldn't have been there because it's obvious that Kylo really needed him. I just hope he's alright, he won't talk to any of us.

Since Kylian is unable to lead the mafia currently, Kylo has been in charge though. He makes a good leader considering everything that's happened.

Currently, they're working on trying to find Giovanni. We know he's not dead because, after the bombing, Kylian's men went inside the mansion to recover the bodies, specifically Bella's, and his wasn't found.

Now we have to find him before he finds us.

I know they're close since Kylo has told me in meetings. I'm working with them too. We're trying to find all his allies because he's hiding with one of them that's for sure.

Everything before this mission was perfect though.

Well not perfect considering the Russians were after us but we were all happy. That's changed.

I wish Kylian was with me right now. Staring at the moon with me. Now we can always be connected. I like that. Connected by light.

I hear the rooftop door open but I don't bother looking back. "I'll come down soon, Elio!" I call out.

The steps get closer and closer until the person is right behind me. "Didn't know my name was Elio now?" the familiar voice chuckles into my ear.

A huge grin lights up my face and I quickly turn around and wrap my arms around Kylian. His arms slither around my waist and pick me up. "Missed me that much, princess?"

"Don't flatter yourself," I scoff, slapping his shoulder. He lets out another laugh. I missed that laugh so much. I missed his smile even more. "But I did," I mutter under my breath.

He caresses my cheek with his hand before pulling me into a deep kiss. And I especially missed this.

When he pulls away, I stare into his blue eyes. The moonlight hits them perfectly. They sparkle as he smiles.

I quickly start hitting him and push him away from me. He stumbles back in shock. "That's for almost dying," I scoff. Who gave him permission to do that?

"I'm still injured," he winces in pain. "Oh yeah... okay but still!" I huff, crossing my arms. My point stands.

"So you care?" a smirk plays on his lips. "Just say you love me."

"That already happened, Dory," I roll my eyes. "Don't tell me you forgot that too?" Gosh, how bad is his memory?

"Forget that moment?" he asks in a frantic tone, furrowing his brows. "I'd never baby," he teases and throws an arm over my shoulder.

"So," he starts, "tell me why you haven't been eating?" What the hell? Who told him that? Snitches get stitches.

"I have," I lie and he gives me a little nudge. "I just didn't really have an appetite with everything going on. Now, who snitched?"

"Elio," he admits, "don't tell him I told you, I wasn't supposed to. But you know, can't keep anything from you." He sends me a playful wink.

"Wow," I say with a hurt turn, placing my hand over my heart. "You really saw my big brother before you saw me?" How dare he.

"C'mon, when I woke up around an hour ago I couldn't find your cute ass," he grumbles. "When I saw Elio, he informed me on what I missed out on... and when I saw Kylo I had to talk to him."

"How is he?" I ask. Kylian lowers his head, avoiding eye contact. So not good. "I wish I could have been there to help him," he mumbles under his breath.

"It's not your fault, Kylian," I reply softly, rubbing his lower back. "You can help him now."

"I wasn't even there for the funeral," he scoffs, clearly upset with himself. "Kylian, those are stuff you couldn't have avoided. You stayed in the mansion to kill Madeleine and you saved Kylo and I. Don't think like that," I tell him.

He looks up at me with a small smile. "How can someone be so beautiful and always right, huh?"

"Because I'm me, duh," I reply in an obvious tone, trying to cheer him up.

"Would us like six months ago ever believe that this could happen?" he randomly asks. "Definitely not, I really did hate you," I chuckle.

"Keep telling yourself that," he shrugs, "I saw how you looked at me, Ivory Fernandez."

"Don't act like you weren't drooling over me. You're the one who asked me to help you out on this deal," I roll my eyes.

"Well I needed the famous Poison Ivy Assassin on my side, no?" he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Shut up." Please don't shut up. I just don't know how to take compliments when they come from him.

"How about," he starts, catching my attention, "once we find Giovanni and all this is over, we leave."

"Leave where?" I ask, curious. "Wherever you want, darling," he smiles, his thumb rubbing in circles on my cheek.

"Hmm," I start thinking, staring at the sky. There are many countries I've always wanted to visit and explore. When I was little, I dreamed of travelling the world. Because of my job, if I do travel, it's to kill someone and then I go to my next job, not giving me enough time to enjoy the country.

"You don't need to give me an answer now," he says. "Once you find the country you want to go to, we'll go there for a little break from everything."

"You promise?" a small smile plays on my lips as I think of the idea. "Promise," he nods his head in agreement.

He throws his arm over my shoulder and pulls me close to him. I let out a deep breath and close my eyes. He makes me feel so safe and happy.

The plan now is: find Giovanni, successfully kill him, or we can kidnap him and let Kylian and Kylo torture the living shit out of him, then we can finally take a break from everything and everyone.

Seems like a great plan to me. That grandpa bitch ain't going anywhere after what he did.

____________________________
| authors note |

ughhhh they are so cute 🙂‍↕️🙂‍↕️🙂‍↕️ btw sorry this is short ive been sooo busy this week ugh

GUYS THE BOOK IS SLOWLY COMING TO AN END....

word count |  1223