Chapter Three || FAQS

*** If the story was published before but taken down for editing, can I join the challenge to help me stay consistent with re-uploading and editing/re-writing? 

This is not a contest; it's a challenge, so if you want to use this as motivation to make major edits and re-upload, you are welcome to do that. We frown upon the idea of simply unpublishing and re-uploading chapters (without actually writing something new) to reach a milestone because this will not help you make progress on your writing journey. But rewrites and major edits are a good enough reason to join the challenge.

*** I don't want to enter the challenge officially, but I want to participate on the message board and support the writers. Can I do that? 

You can do that. If you don't have an ongoing story right now, you can cheer on those who do have a WIP.

*** How will you determine the word count? Will you use Google/Word or Wattpad word counts? 

We will go by the word count shown on Wattpad. Please triple-check that the word count in the chapter you post on Wattpad reflects the right count if you are aiming for a milestone.

*** Does it matter how many new chapters I add during the 30 Days? 

No, it doesn't.

*** Will you consider the words I wrote during the month if they are in a draft and not officially posted? 

No, we won't be able to see them. We will also not accept any docs or PDFs. Only the words posted in a public chapter on Wattpad will be tallied. Only chapters with a timestamp within the writing window will be considered.

*** What is better: fewer long chapters or many shorter chapters? 

 Again, this remains your choice, but remember this is Wattpad, so do keep a web novel style in mind.

*** Does my story have to be complete after the 30 days? 

No, it doesn't. But if you can complete it, then kudos!

*** What happens if my story is almost done and I complete it with you, but there isn't room to reach the 30k milestone? 

That will be an amazing accomplishment, and we would like to know about it so we can celebrate with you. Simply comment here with your story title if this happens, and we will send you a little surprise to make up for missing out on the milestone.

*** Can I participate in the 8CC and the 30DC at the same time, with the same story? 

Yes, you can.

*** Can I participate in the 8CC with one story and the 30DC with a different story at the same time? 

Yes, if you can manage it, you can.

* * * * * *