Chapter one

Looking at Vie, she seemed to be a harmless lady that liked to make jokes left and right and have people laughing their heads off. No one knew that she was actually very dangerous. Except me.

To me, she was passive aggressive, all because she wanted the attention I harbored from Drew Harimot, the CEO of Leamington Enterprise. She despised the fact that when I came to the place, I always went up to his office and stayed a mere five minutes whilst she was not even allowed. Well, she was not allowed, courtesy of me.

I had kind of convinced Drew to ban her from his office. The woman was frequenting his office like she was the mistress.

When I told Drew that, he had laughed, claiming Vie did not do that. Either way, I convinced him to ban her.

You could say that her distaste of me was justified, but really, it was not. Just because I was allowed up to Drew's office didn't mean she had the rights to hate my guts.

I had talked to the employees, smiling at their indulging stories and past times. It was time to head to Drew's to say good morning.

I still had about ten minutes before my team finished collecting the waste in the building. My team knew that when we got to Leamington Enterprise, I didn't help collect the trash bags. They knew I had friends and they understood. I was the driver afterall, and I gave them half of my salary. I didn't need the money. I had enough savings to last me. The job was only to keep me busy.

I bid goodbye to Sam, Scott, Melanie, Louise and Lizzy. I took the elevator to the tenth floor where Drew's office was.

I made it to the tenth floor where I ran into Christian, Drew's PA. He greeted me, smiling and saying Drew was waiting for me.

It's been a week since I saw Drew. We didn't interact much outside, so my weekly visits were much appreciated when I came. I knocked, and entered when I heard his faint reply to come in.

He already had breakfast ready for us. There were two styrofoam cups of coffee, with two plates filled with muffins.

"Morning," I greeted, sitting down opposite him and grabbing the muffin to eat.

"Morning, Leon. Still doing good?" he asked. His hazel eyes were staring at me with heavy concern. It would have been endearing if he didn't show that every time I came.

I glared, which was answer enough because he retreated into himself. Drew was an attractive guy, and he knew it. That was the reason Vie hated my guts so much. She thought I was here to steal Drew from her. Like he was hers in the first place.

"What have you been up to?" he asked, drinking his coffee.

I shrugged. "Not much. I've been trying my hand at painting."

"That's good. You any good?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "You know I'm not good with art. The supplies you got for me are going to waste."

"I could always keep them in the garage and when you move back in, you'll find them. No need to throw them away," he said, eyes careful when he broached the subject.

I shook my head. I was not coming back home anytime soon. There's a reason why we separated for two whole years. I was not ready to come back home or to him. "Drew, we are not speaking about that."

"Come on, Leon. It's been two years. Surely you've found whatever you were looking for!"

And that's when I knew my time was up. I stood up, then touched Drew's hand that was on the table and gave it a little squeeze. I looked at him in the eye and hoped that my eyes conveyed that I was not impressed. "I'll see you next week."