Chapter 1 (Talia)

I grew up in a really great house with my average siblings, until his family moved into the house next to ours. I had this excited look on my face when I first saw them next door.

It's been a while since we last had neighbors. And our parents became close friends pretty quick. They had two kids, a boy and a girl. The guy looked about 7 or 8 years old like me but it turned out that he was actually bigger than me by a year and half.

When I found out his name is Kyle, I kept making fun of it and called him Kai instead. I LOVE his little sister, she's so energetic and cute. We even went to the same school.

Kyle was a year older than me (as he kept reminding me EVERYDAY), yet he'd always been shorter than me ever since then. We even made a bet that if he could grow up taller than me, then I had to do whatever he wanted me to. I was so confident that it was never going to happen. You can't really blame me, that guy never grew up an inch..

Later on after a year, Me and my siblings had to change schools, due to some problems in my dad's work. So we really didn't see each other that much during daytime, but because of all the mess we had to go through for us to finally get into that school, I got to skip a year. We still hung out at my house to play though.

My new school was the definition of hell, there were devils everywhere and worst of all, I failed to make any friends. I mean.. You can't really blame me for not wanting to hang out with people I didn't like. It felt wrong to even talk to those creatures. Even the teachers never really cared about what we do or any of our marks. No homework was needed to be assigned.

And the teachers or so called devils never explained anything in class, this whole situation was driving me nuts. What's the point of even going to school at this point? But even after suffering countless days, I happened to get used to it. My parents would be too busy to even ask about school. Or maybe some days my mom would bother to ask, but it's always the same answer that I give, so I'm pretty sure that's the reason she stopped asking.

Soon I started to build some feelings towards that short little Kyle. I swear he looked so cute back then. I liked him so much that I thought everything he did was so cool and all. His little sister, who was now about the age of 7, knew abt my huge crush on him and I really hoped he didn't suspect anything.

Even my sister who was 2 years younger than me and was totally obsessed with her classmate Fayd. She would blackmail me everytime she wanted something from me "Or else I'm gonna tell Kyle that you liked him ever since you first saw his ugly face". I honestly never really noticed when all of these confusing feelings began or so I never really cared much to give it a thought. I was just happy he existed.

2 years have passed, and It's 2020, Covid-19 has arrived which made my school give us (students) a holiday for some months until the pandemic was over.

On the other hand, Kyle's school or so called my old school didn't give the students any holiday but instead started with the online classes. He'd always say that I'm lucky or some shit but I really didn't care because now, I got to study with him everyday after his classes.