Chapter Two

-Zipporah-

Opening my eyes, I smile. My sleep schedule is nothing to write home about, but I think I slept well last night.

I remember the life I'm going back to meet in school, and I groan.

I sluggishly sit up in bed, throw off my duvet and go on my knees to say my prayers. After which I look at my phone to see that its 6 am on the dot. I yawn and drop my phone going into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

°°°°°°°

When I finish taking care of my body, I pull on a pair of loose jeans and a fitted top. Then I look around for my black loafers, and put them on.

I check myself out in the mirror, deeming my outfit okay, I start packing for school.

Since I only came home for the weekend, I didn't have much packing to do. I picked my tote bag from its hanging spot and folded the clothes I wore on my way here, and my shoes.

I dropped my charger in the bag, packed up my face and skin care stuff. I searched for the purse I used the last night and grabbed my ATM cards from it, keeping them safely in my phone case. I pick my phone up from my my bed and look at the time. 7:45 am. I have about 2 hours to meet up with the class I have this morning. With that in mind I wear my apple watch and minimal jewelry.

I carry my now heavy tote bag and travel down the stairs, to meet the rest of my family sitting around.

"Mummy, good morning." I greet.

"How was your night?" She responds.

"Fine".

"Good morning Big sis" Rachel greets.

"Good morning" Esther greets as well.

"How are you both doing today? I hope you both enjoyed yourselves last night?". I ask.

"Fine, and yes we did." Esther responds.

"I did, thanks for asking." Rach responds.

"Where is Daddy? Did he come home last night?" I ask.

"He did. But he's still upstairs sleeping." She responds. Lucky.

"Okay. I'll just have to wait for him. Because he has to give me some money before I leave."

"When will you be leaving Rachel?"

"I'll be out of here first thing tomorrow morning. I just need this extra day to regain my energy, you know my journey is longer than yours?" Schooling out of the state you're living in isn't easy at all.

"Estie, what about you?"

"I'll still be here till Wednesday o." She responds, and I think, lucky. She still has 3 more days here.

I stand to my feet, waking into the kitchen to grab a little something. I open the fridge and look into it. I spot some leftover bread and grab that, along with the jar of nutella, closing the fridge.

I make little tea and take it with the bread and nutella sandwich I make. I sigh, I'll miss this. While I'll be away for a little while.

I take this time to book a bolt.

"Zipporah!" My mum calls.

"Maaaa" I respond. I get up and walk to her.

"Good morning daddy." I greet my dad, the moment I see him.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm fine. Daddy I want to go back to school this morning, and I'm ready. I need some money."