CHAPTER NINETEEN, one step forward, and three steps back

ੈ✩‧₊˚  FOOLISH ONE ੈ✩‧₊chapter nineteen, one step forward, three steps back˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥  "it's always one step forward and three steps back" ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

ੈ✩‧₊˚ FOOLISH ONE ੈ✩‧₊
chapter nineteen, one step forward, three steps back
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ "it's always one step forward and three steps back" ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

✧.* song of chapter:
1 step forward, 3 steps back - olivia rodrigo ✧.*

irl.

somehow, charles had found himself on the door step of gabriella's house. it was like his legs had dragged him all the way over here for no reason at all.

what would he even say to her? tell her sorry for being an asshole and expect her to forgive him? give her paddock tickets? end the entire friendship?

suddenly this seemed like a horrible idea. a horrible idea that he would go through with, of course.

he raised his hand and did their secret knock they formulated 6 years ago.

he stood out there around 3 minutes before he heard shuffling on the other side. he quickly fixed his hair and adjusted his clothing as he waited.

the lock turned and the door opened. gabriella stood behind the door with a shocked expression on her face.

"can we talk?" he started. she scoffed and turned back around, leaving the door slightly ajar. charles took that as a sign to enter.

the apartment seemed mostly similar to how he last saw it. the old gray couch was still there, posters still hung up. his racing helmet still laid on a shelf by her bookcase.

he smiled softly to himself as he sat down on her couch.

he sighed. "i almost called you yesterday." he confessed. what would he have even said over the phone anyways?

she laughed bitterly. "almost?" he swore if she rolled her eyes again they would get stuck. "so what changed your mind? and what convinced you to show up this morning? it's 8 am."

it was now his turn go sigh. truthfully, charles didn't know what to tell her. he had no reason to be here. he shouldn't have come here at all.

"um, i realized how much i missed you in monaco?" it came out more like a question than a statement. "look i just wanted to apologize. i'm not sure where we even stand anymore. you were one of my best friends and now we barely talk."

gabriella had a blank face. she was looking out of her window, ignoring him completely. this convinced him it infact was a bad idea. whatever he did made her so hurt to the point where he won't even look at her.

he slowly rose up from the couch and made his way towards the exit. "we can't keep doing this. you can't keep doing this." she said. it was so quiet that he might've missed it if his attention wasn't already on her.

"keep doing what?" he was fully confused. he didn't even know what he did wrong, and now he's getting accused of hurting her.

"keep doing this charles! us fighting and then we apologize and eventually go back to where we started. with you it's always 1 step forward and 3 steps back! j'ai fini de me battre! (i'm done fighting)! you either stay in my life or stay out!"

so this silent treatment was his fault? somehow he managed to piss her off so much to the point of cutting off connection.

"tu as fini de te battre ? je ne savais même pas qu'on se battait ? vous arrêtez toujours de communiquer à la seconde où quelque chose ne se passe pas comme vous le souhaitez ! Je n'ai aucune idée de pourquoi tu es en colère, je pensais juste que je viendrais ici pour m'excuser pour une raison quelconque pour laquelle tu es en colère contre moi. est-ce si grave ?"

("you're done fighting? i didn't even know we were fighting? you just always stop communicating the second something doesn't go your way! i have no idea what you are even mad about, i just thought i would come here to apologize for what ever reason you're mad at me. is that so bad?")

ignoring his entire rebuttal, gabriella just sneered. "i don't even speak french dipshit."

the monegasque cracked a smile at her response. the tension seemed to calm and now the two were left staring at each other.

she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close to her. "we suck at communicating, don't we?"

he let out a deep chuckle and hugged her back tightly.

"anything you would like to say, mon chéri?" he uttered.

"i don't like your girlfriend." she whispered.

"most people don't."

AUTHORS NOTE!

AUTHORS NOTE!

guess who updated!? me me me!! anyways next chap will be a filler chap with social media and some narrative. excuse this entire chapter i just had to speed it up so they be in good terms again.

not proofread btw so if you see any mistakes, kindly comment.

kk bye y'all love you!!
thank you for 19k reads!!!! mwah 💋😘

kk bye y'all love you!!thank you for 19k reads!!!! mwah 💋😘