Birthdays

hi guys thank you for almost 100 votes and 6k reads 😭😭😭😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

also slingshot and brooklyn have the same birthday and i dont feel like saying how theyre gonna become 23 and 17 so lets pretend theyre still 22 and 16

---------

While Rocket and Skateboard are in that dangerous situation, Slingshot's sleep is disturbed by James popping a balloon in front of them. "W-What the," Slingshot was about to curse until he remembered James was a child. "Oh, hello," Slingshot was cranky, but he tried to not get mad at James. He didn't want to get in trouble after all.

            "Hi! Hehe, did I wake yah? Happy birthday!" Slingshot realized what James said, and he grabbed his phone before realizing it was June 4th. James' tail was wagging. He could hear James behind him, "It's also Brooklyn's birthday! You should say congrats to her!" Slingshot nodded without looking at him and got out of bed.

           Slingshot went to the bathroom, and he grabbed his toothbrush before brushing his teeth. He washed his horns with patience and showered. When he got downstairs, he saw Brooklyn opening the fridge and taking out a can of sparkling water. He waved at her, and she flinched. "Oh, uhm, sorry," Slingshot apologized, "Happy birthday."

          Brooklyn smiled and congratulated him, "Oh! Thank you, happy birthday to you, too!" (guys remember 6 year age difference) Slingshot sat next to Brooklyn, and Cameron came downstairs. He looked at them both, and then back to his phone. He didn't look like he cared it was their birthday, but when he came close enough, Slingshot could hear him mumble something about birthdays.

         When Alice finally came down, she looked at Slingshot and Brooklyn and giggled. "You two look like idiots. Just sitting there and doing nothing? Why not at least go to the library?" She said. Slingshot had learned that Alice loved books.

        One time, when he was asking Alice a question, he was able to get a sneak peek of Alice's room. Her walls were a dark shade of blue and had yellow stars all around. The floor was a light shade of blue that had multiple planets. (idk what im trying to make u imagine lol) The room was big, and there was a gaming computer. She seemed to be playing some sort of game, and the headphones were blasting breakcore music. Slingshot saw how many books Alice had owned. She seemed to be at least own a hundred, or even more. There were types from horror chapter books, to childish comic books. Some candles were lit, and the room was dark, so she might've been using the candles to read. He also saw how Alice had multiple plushies and soft toys on her bed, they were all blue, black, or even yellow. Only one plushie seemed to be red, but it was just a dog that seemed large enough to hug it. It was placed right next to a pillow, and it had a collar on it. The name on the collar was too far away for Slingshot to read, though, and before he could look at anything else, Alice closed the door.

          Back to the present, Slingshot decided that he would visit the library. He doesn't remember the last time he was there, but he knew that he had a card to borrow. When he got there, the library was like a cottage. It was all wooden, but the place smelled like smores, and there was lo-fi music playing in the background.

(imo, i love the smell of book pages, and dont ask why, but i find that comic books have a different smell than chapter books, which i like chapter book's smell more)

        This place seemed to remind him a bit of the basement, and he didn't know which side he was on. After everything he sacrificed just for Sword to break up with him. He was supposed to be on his side, but Sword doomed himself. Slingshot thought of joining Rocket's side, but he felt bad about leaving Sword alone.

           He decided to just stay in between all the drama and carried on in the library. There were lots of books, and Slingshot went through them all. None of them interested him, but he still liked looking through them. I'll probably just buy books off of Amazook. (amazon)

           Slingshot arrived home, he didn't return with any books, but he returned home feeling calm. When he went to the kitchen, Brooklyn took out a cake and lit the candles on fire. Slingshot and Brooklyn sat next to each other, and Alice, Cameron, and James started singing Happy Birthday to them. When the done was finished, Slingshot and Brooklyn blew out the candles and wished. Slingshot closed his eyes and thought of a wish. I wish... I wish... I wish that I finally get to be loved without being heartbroken! Slingshot opened his eyes, and he saw the smiles of everyone, besides Alice. He was a bit suspicious but didn't think too much of it.

            Brooklyn turned on the music, and she started singing. Slingshot saw Alice leave the house while everyone was distracted, and he decided to follow her. He knew this could be dangerous, but did it anyway. It was dark, and Slingshot brought a flashlight in case. He saw Alice had met up with her friends. They made their way into an alleyway, and they started smoking. Slingshot didn't care if they smoked, as long as they didn't make him do it, so he just walked back home. He didn't have any business to do with them either, and so he left.

           When he got back home, the others were still singing, and they didn't realize how he had left. Slingshot watched them sing, and he would laugh a whole lot when their voices cracked.

          Alice finally returned home, but she had a little stain on her glasses, she quickly wiped it away and went upstairs to shower.

         Slingshot just shrugged, and he decided to sleep, too. He went upstairs, got comfy in his bed, and closed his eyes.

          Slingshot's last thought was of what could've happened if he kept watching her longer.

-------

okay guys idk why i made this a long chapter, but i guess its cool this took more than an hour. anyways, gn sillies!! <33 and ty!!

1060 w