Ch.0 The Beginning

"Y/N... never forget me."

"I promise..."

You suddenly jump out of bed, you tried to recall the dream.

'What a familiar feeling...'

Shaking your head, you start to get ready for the day. You freshen yourself up in your room and put on your uniform. As you begin to walk out the door to go to your part-time gas station job, you hear a voice.

"Y/N come here for a second!"

You sigh and walk back into your home.

"What do you need?"

Seated on the floor was your father, cigarette in mouth and newspaper in hand. The man himself, Fujiwara Bunta.

Bunta: "Hmmm, I was thinking about opening a new shop, somewhere in Korea."

Y/N: "Okay but what does that have to do with me?"

Bunta: "Ah well, I'm getting older so I feel it would be hard to go to Korea to open up another shop/"

Y/N: "That makes sense, so how would you open a shop there?"

You see your father blinking

Bunta: "Aish, I can't believe you're this dense. I want you to go to Korea and man the shop."

Y/N: "Oh yeah sure..."

"WAIT WHAT!"

Bunta: "Well it's not like you have anything left to do here, your little racing project is over. Assignment Dee or something... And you can finally use the Korean you've been taught."

You sit there in thought for a second. It seemed like a fun opportunity, you would be able to use your Korean knowledge as well as be able to connect with your mom's side more.

But what about everyone I'd leave behind?

Y/N: "I'll think about it."

Bunta: "Think fast because you need to figure this out before the end of the day,'

You finally leave the house, deep in thought. You open the door to car that you've stuck thick and thin with.

Driving up to the gas station, you decided to talk to your friends, Iketani and Itsuki.

Y/N: "Hey guys, say you had a chance to live in Korea, would you guys take it?"

Iketani: "I definitely would, it would be a nice change of pace from here. Akina has a lot of memories for me, but I think it would be good to experience something new."

Itsuki: "OH YEAH I WOULD. Think about it Y/N, all the K-pop idols there. New Jeans, Le Sserafim, Twice... Imagine being able to cross path with them once. Don't get me started on Hanni, she's..."

You start to tune out Itsuki's one of many rants on K-pop. It wasn't a particularly bad thing, he was the reason you started listening to it after all. But clearly some days he went overboard. You turn to Iketani.

Y/N: "Well, I asked because my father offered me to go to Korea and run a new shop there."

Itsuki stops his yapping.

Itsuki & Iketani: "EHHHHHHHH?!?!"

Itsuki: "Owah, you're so lucky Y/N."

Iketani: "Guess you're debating over whether or not to take it up huh?"

Y/N: "Yeah, it seems like a really great offer, but I don't want to just leave everything behind.

Iketani: "Y/N, it's not like we're going to just stop existing, you should go. We'll still be your friends no matter what"