Chapter 8: Worlds Collide

Previously...

Y/N: "Maybe if a miracle happens, they seem to hate me for anything. Even if I didn't do it..."

Eunchae: "Don't worry about it, I got a plan."

She holds onto your arm as she starts to pick a show to watch. A few minutes later, you hear Chaewon yell.

Chaewon: "NewJeans are coming to visit today!"

Yunjin: "Really? When?"

Chaewon checks the text.

Chaewon: "In around 3 hours..."

They all immediately scramble from the table and head to their rooms, presumably going to get ready for the visit. You look at Eunchae and see her grinning cheekily.

Y/N: "This was your plan wasn't it?"

Eunchae: "Yup!"

You could only look at her in disbelief. You and Eunchae spend the next 30 minutes or so watching a show she had picked out. Though you couldn't get into the show because you were still deep in thoughts. Eunchae had noticed this and turned to you.

Eunchae: "So Oppa, are there any hobbies that you are into?"

She broke your train of thought.

Y/N: "Ah, well I was really busy with that project I had, so I didn't have a lot of time to keep up with hobbies..."

Eunchae: "What did you do in that project anyways?"

Y/N: "It wasn't anything too big, we just traveled around Japan for a bit and competed against other teams."

Eunchae: "Oh? In what?"

'Shoot, Ryosuke said to keep it hidden...'

Y/N: "Secret!"

Eunchae: "Eh? Why won't you tell me!"

Y/N: "I was told it was a super-top secret, and I can't tell anybody."

Eunchae: "Awhh, not even your favorite Bonchae Manchae Eunchae?"

She makes hearts out of her hands and cheeks.

'OH NO! CUTENESS OVERLOAD, MUST RESIST'

Y/N: "S-sorry Eunchae, I can't tell you"

Eunchae's face immediately falls and she starts to sniffle.

Eunchae: "Oh, it's okay Oppa, you just hate me then..."

Y/N: "What? I don't hate you at all, I just can't tell you because it's a secret project."

She covers her face and starts to sob.

Eunchae: sniffles "You just hate me!"

You immediately give her a hug.

Y/N: "No! I promise I don't hate you, I'll do anything to make it up to you."

She immediately stops sobbing, but her face is still covered.

Eunchae: "Anything?"

'Hmm, I have a bad feeling about this.'

Y/N:" Yeah, anything."

Eunchae removes the hands from her face, revealing her bright smile.

'Oh no.'

Eunchae: "Okay, sing for me Oppa!"

Y/N: "Huh? I can't really sing that well."

Though you weren't too confident in your singing abilities, admittedly you had some sort of musical background. All of it seemed really foggy to you, probably because it was a really long time ago. Plus, for the past year you have been focused on racing.