❥ 𝓽𝓮𝓷 : i'm sorry

The press on nails on Maya's hands were seconds away from falling off with how intensely she was biting them. It was around 4pm, so she had about an hour till she met him. Kika and her went back to Maya's apartment to get her ready.

Maya took a quick shower, cleaning off all the sweat from being in the Monaco heat, before working on her makeup. While she did that, Kika styled her hair. It wasn't anything too fancy. She insisted several times that although this isn't a date, she wanted her first impression to be a good one after all these years. 

"He's seeing me after a whole decade. And so he needs to see my bad bitch boss girl side. And to achieve that, I gotta start by looking good", she reasoned. Kika just nodded, a smirk fighting to appear on her face.

There was a lot of calming Maya's nerves, throughout her getting ready process, but no amount of motivation or meditation could help her. She just accepted that. As the final touches were done, the weird butterflies in her stomach made their hourly appearance.

"And you are ready", Kika smiled.

"Now, my drop dead gorgeous smart stunning friend, you will go to that cafe, sit down with the most confidence you've ever had, use your lawyer skills to sort everything out, maybe get a donut or two and rekindle your old friendship with Lando. And you will do this with no regrets and possessing the most bad bitch energy ever. I know you got this, you're only overthinking", she gave Maya a little pep talk.

"BUT with all that being said if anything, and I mean anything, goes south then I'm one phone call away. If he's being a dickhead, or he's pissing you off or whatever it may be, I want you to call me. The club is like a 10 minute drive from your cafe so I'll be there in no time. Got it?", she got serious.

Maya chuckled. "Oh what would I do without you?", she sighed dramatically.

"Probably drown in your own self wallowing thoughts", Kika said in a matter-of-fact tone. "But you don't need to worry about that since I'm not going anywhere. I love you Maya! You know your worth, don't settle for anything below it", she added.

Maya reached over and hugged her best friend. She would be eternally grateful for Kika, that's for sure.

"Okay now do you need a ride there? It's on the way to the track anyways so I can drop you and then take the car back to Pierre", Kika offered. "Yes please", Maya smiled. "Vamos!", she cheered. 

The car ride to the cafe wasn't meant to be long, but thanks to the Monegasque traffic, it took longer than expected. Lando texted her at 4.56pm, saying he reached. She hated being late, especially for something like this.

When Kika got closer to the cafe, Maya took a deep breath. 'It's now or never', she thought. They reached outside the cafe and Lando could be seen waiting. He dressed casually but looked put together. The cap and sunglasses however looked a bit odd and mismatched but she could only assume it was to be more incognito.

"Okay you got this. Have fun!", Kika kissed Maya's cheek before she got out. As soon as Maya stepped out, Lando caught her eye. In the rush of their first meeting, they didn't really get to take in the fact that they actually met each other again. Sure they knew, but the realisation hadn't set in, until this moment.

Lando gave her a soft smile, as she walked to the door of the cafe. She tried, tried oh so hard, to put up this facade of 'I don't give a fuck, I'm only here to clear the air' but seemed to already be failing as her face betrayed her by giving him a soft smile back.

She wished she could walk longer but soon the door was right in front of her and Lando was right behind it. He opened the door for her. 'What a gentleman', she snorted in her thoughts.

𝓢𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼, lando norrisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara