4. Fundraiser (pt 2)

Taylor's POV

Today was the fundraiser. I was so excited. We're going to raise some money for gifts and give them to shelter homes. There's something about giving gifts that makes me feel all warm inside. Like I don't don't have to like the person bit if I give them a gift it'll make me feel nice in the inside. The fundraiser is at 4 and then at 7 we are going to give the gifts to the homeless shelters. I'm at school right now but I'm gonna go there as soon as I'm out of school. I was at my locker and then Hector approached me.
"Hey Taylor" He says looking down at his feet.
"Hey Hector. Excited for the fundraiser?" I ask him.
"Um about that. I can't make it" He says looks at me as he leans on my locker with his hand.
"What, why not?" I say sadly.
"My dad's in the hospital and today is the only day I get to meet him this week. I would've told before but-" I put his hand on his shoulder.
"Hey its no big deal. Your dad is more important" I say.
"But don't worry, I have Marc going instead" he says.
"He was ok with it?" I asked surprised.
"Eh- I convinced him" he smiles down at me.
"Thank you Hector" I look up at him. He starts walking away to break the eye contact.
"I'll see you tomorrow!" He says. I just waved my hand.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

School was almost ending. After the bell rang I went to my locker to get my bag and headed to Pablo. We usually drive back from school together. We walk outside to the parking lot.
"Pablo!" I heard someone yell from behind. I look behind to see it was Marc. 
"Hey man" He looks back. He starts walking next to me as he approaches us.
"I'm taking Taylor to the fundraiser so she coming with me. Just letting you know" He says.
"I am? Pablo can take me it's fine" I say.
"It's just faster and plus you have somewhere to be at 4 don't you?" He asks Pablo.
"Your right. Taylor you should go with him" My brother says.
"Ok" I shrug.
"Alright were gonna get going then, later Pablo" Marc says as he walks away.
"Have fun guys!" Pablo says to both of us.

We reach his Nissan and he opens the door for me once again.
"Thanks" I say this time. As he gets in the car he let's out a big sigh.
"I'm guessing Hector told you" He says to me.
"Yep. He did" I nod.
"Look I'm sorry if I'm not who you expected but-"
"Marc" I interrupted him. He looks at me.
"I'm not upset. And it's not like Hector was my first choice. He was the first one to pick up the phone. I'm just glad that I get to go" I explain.
"So your not mad I'm here" He asks me.
"Why would I be" I shrug. He smiles and starts the car.
"Your still an asshole though" I tease him.
"Your still a bitch" He teases back.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

We reached the beach for the fundraiser and got out leaving our bags in the car. There were two people at the entrance of the fundraiser stand. One was holding a clipboard.
"Hey guys. Can I get yalls names?" The guy asks us.
"Taylor Páez and Mar- Hector Fort" Marc lies about his name. I'm glad he remembered.
"Aaaaand yep. Yall are on the list. Have fun guys" the guy smiles at us.
"So what are we supposed to do" Marc asks me.
"Try to get people to donate I guess. I'm not very sure what to do either" I laugh.  There was a lot of people on the beach and we were getting a lot of donations. At one of the booths that me and Marc were at there was this guy that came up to the stall. He looked like mid 20's or something around that.
"Hey" he said directly to me.
"Hi sir would you like you donate?" I ask him. Marc behind me on his phone.
"I'd like to donate something to you" He smirks making me uncomfortable.
"Sir if you are not donating please leave" I say sternly.
"Oh come on I'm just messing with you" He slurred.
"Sir, please leave" I say.
"Chill out bab-" He said before he got interrupted by Marc.
"She said leave you deaf son of a bitch"
"Who the hell are you to talk to me like that. I'm tryna have a conversation with my girl" He tried to grab my hand but Marc stepped in front of me.
"She my girl. So you better get the fuck out of here before I make you" Marc points his hand directing him to go. The man looked older than him but Marc was definitely bigger than him. I was so focused on how he looked I didn't even realize what he said.
"Ok ok I'm going, im going" the man puts his hands up and starts walking backwards.
"You better, little shit" Marc says looking annoyed. He finally backs away and scratches his head after the guy leaves.
"You didn't need to do that you know" I cross my arms looking at him.
"Sorry I cared" He said rolling his eyes.
"Since when do you care" I say giving him a look.
"Why the fuck would I not care. Your literally my unbiological sister" He says letting out a small laugh. I smiled. Unbiological sister huh?
"Oh my god your such a good brother" I said playfully hugging his arm. He shoves me away making me let go of his arm.
"Just because I did something nice doesn't mean you should get used to it" He smiles.
"Don't worry. I've learned to keep my expectations really low for you" As soon as I said that I realized how mean that was. I made him seem like a horrible person.
"Wow. Thanks" He fake smiled.
"Marc I didn-" I was about to say but I got interrupted by him saying something to someone else.
"Hello guys would you like to donate for the homeless shelter?" He asked them. Throughout the rest of the fundraiser we didn't talk at all. We didn't know what to talk after that. The manager of the group came to each stall and told us to head to the homeless shelter to hand out the gifts to the kids.
"Let's go" He says to me after the manager goes to tell other volunteers. I follow him to his car. As always he opens up the door for me but doesn't look at me this time. He closes the door and walks over to his side of the car and gets in. There was a moment of silence no one talked no one moved.
"Marc I'm sor-" "Am I that bad of a person?" We both said at the same time.
"Marc" I say.
"No really why- why do you see me as this person who you keep such low expectations for" He says sternly looking at me.
"Ok look I felt bad that I said that. I'm sorry I really am but I wasn't wrong about what I said" I defended myself.
"Why the hell do you have such low expectations for me?" He asks.
"Marc you fucking hate my guts. You get annoyed with every single thing I do. You say I'm like your 'unbiological sister but you don't even act like a brother. A brother is like Pablo who actually cares about me. I try doing something nice for you and you won't even fucking pay attention to that. Because you know what you are?" I ask him.
"What" He says weakly.
"Your a heartless asshole. And you always will be" I snap at him.
"So you don't remember when I dropped you to the mall when no one else did, how I stood up for you when that guy was hitting on you, how I was the one who told Hector that I can take you to the fundraiser because he couldn't make it" Marc snapped back.
"I- Hector told me he had to convince you to go with me" I say softly.
"I fucking told him that I'll take you, without hesitation and you're over here going off about how I'm an heartless asshole" He says sternly. I didn't know how to reply to that. So I didn't and Marc started the car. We still ended up going to the homeless shelters though. The shelter didn't let us go inside and give it to the people in person so we just dropped off the stuff.

Today started off great but ended horrible. I feel like both of us did have a point. But I might have gone a little overboard.