Prologue

☆~•°○°•~☆

His eyes travels to look at the dustbin and a few pieces of papers scattered around it. Walking to the same corner, he picks up the papers only to see that it was the same note he wrote in the morning for her.

His heart shatters into pieces as he collects the pieces of the paper and turns around to look at her and his soft and hurtful gaze meets her cold ones.

"You're throwing away my notes."

His voice almost comes out as a whisper as if not for the silence of the room, she wouldn't have been able to hear him.

"Because I don't want to give you any hopes." Her tone and words are as cold as her eyes.

"What hope?" He tries to sound oblivious of what she's talking about.

"Don't you know what I'm talking about? Who'd Know it better than you?" She responds and he gulps down the hurt before tearing his gaze from her and looking away.

"Shivam Rajvanshi, it's not as easy as you think. You giving me flowers everyday, writing me notes, bringing me breakfast and lunch, dropping me off to college won't do anything. This isn't how it works." She almost snaps at him.

"Then tell me how it works? I'm willing to do anything to make you believe that this can work-

"This can never work."

Her harsh words pierced his heart more than he imagined. He looks at the pieces of papers in his hand as fresh pool of tears gathers in his eyes.

"Why? Why can't it work?"

He looks back into her eyes and a tear roll down his cheeks. Was it wrong to expect someone to give you a chance? to give your love a chance?

He crumbles those pieces in his hand just like his heart crumbles listening to her.

His eyes turns red as he tries to hold back his tears and inhales a deep breath.

"Don't do this to yourself. It Will be you in the end who's going to get hurt. So control your heart and feelings before it starts slipping off your hands." She continues, trying to make him understand.

"And what if it has already slipped off my hands? My heart?"

He takes a few steps towards her and ask keeping those torn pieces of paper in his pocket.

"You're going to get hurt."

She declares and looks away, not able to look into his eyes anymore. He takes another step closer to her and stands in front of her, not invading her own space.

"I know but I'll still go ahead with this. Getting hurt by you is better than being happy with someone else."

With those words, he walks away while she stands there, looking at his disappearing figure. She looks away and wipes off her tears as soon as it rolls down her cheeks.

☆☆☆☆☆

I hope the prologue is promising enough for you to read the book and shower it with love as you did for Wounded love.

I'll declare a date soon from when the book will be out. I haven't decided yet.

Many of you wants the bonus chapters of Wounded love. I'll start posting them as soon as I'll write them.

Now here's something IMPORTANT for everyone.

Don't expect Niyati to be Aadhya, they are two different people, two different personalities who have their own past and pain.

Aadhya knew how to reciprocate efforts and feelings and same doesn't goes with Niyati.

I'm warning even before the book starts, There will be number of times when you all are going to see the FL being cold and distant to ML.

You guys need to understand that the trope is "Reverse Grumpy-Sunshine"

And everyone deals with their trauma in different way. Niyati is completely different than Aadhya.

Aadhya made efforts, she communicated and showered her man with love.

I promise the happy ending of the book but I don't promise for happy moments throughout the book so proceed only if you're comfortable with the tropes.

So please, if you're not okay with it, that's completely fine but It's my request, don't comment negative about the FL or ML.

Positive criticism is welcomed but bashing the FL saying things about her won't be tolerated.

I don't want comments like "Why she have so much of attitude or she's pseudo feminist and things," No this won't be tolerated.

This is a book, you need to be patient to understand everything and wait for the end of the book before you start judging the character, specially Female characters.

I hope you guys are understanding what I'm trying to say because this time, I won't be overexplaining things to you guys.

You all have to be patient. I'll try my best to do justice to every character of the story, be it FL or ML or any other character.

Thank you so much.

I love you all and hopes that you'll love this book as well.