01. Mister Hot British Guy

CHAPTER ONE
s2 // ep. 2

" MISTER HOT BRITISH GUY "

FEBRUARY 2010MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

FEBRUARY 2010
MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

Caroline Forbes had never felt so crazy in her life. Crazy by her standards, at least - she was sure there were plenty of people who would say that she'd always had a screw or two loose in her head.

Fuck them, though. Tonight wasn't about them. It wasn't supposed to be about them.

Caroline had gotten into a car crash; had been rushed into surgery, almost died, but she'd still made it. She'd put on a fabulous outfit, done her hair and makeup, and even though she hadn't been able to fully prepare for the carnival, she was still here!

Who cared if Elena was a raging bitch who'd killed her? Who cared if she insisted her name was Katherine? Caroline was fine! She'd never been better.

So maybe she had a teensy craving for blood now, and maybe that was a bit weird, but she was strong. She felt strong, even! She'd even been able to take on Damon, for god's sake, and that was something she never thought she'd be able to say!

Not to mention, the emotions! Everything felt so heightened, so real! The anger and vindictiveness when she'd seen Damon, the overwhelming feeling of joy rushing through her when she'd seen Matt... The euphoria that had coursed through her body ever since she'd woken up was unlike any other.

It had all been fine. It was supposed to be fine.

Until it wasn't. Until she almost bit Matt. Until she shattered the glass bottles for the ring toss with her freaky strength, and suddenly nothing was fine, and the world was ending, and "oh my god, Matt hates me," and "oooh, I wish I'd killed Damon," and "GOD, I'M SO HUNGRY!"

Storming out of the back of the high school building now, she felt like the world was ending, even though - logically - she knew it wasn't. It had just been a stupid misunderstanding with Matt, and he was so sweet, and kind, and so good to her...