37 : Walk away with my heart

"Heartbreak."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Luke

**I recommend listening to cars outside by James Arthur at a point in the story, I will tell you when. Just get it on standby!

The team wasn't pushing enough, they were being sloppy with the puck.

This was the semi finals for godsake.
This was my last game.

I push past a defender narrowly escaping a hit on my ribs, St-Augstine's defenders weren't playing around, I lost count of how many hits I've taken after the tenth. 

Liam passes me the puck and I stickhandle it around the opposing players, shooting it in the top right corner it whizzes past the goalie and I let out a sigh of relief when I watch the scoreboard turn 2-1.

The sound of the buzzer fills the stadium signalling the end of the second period and the start of the 15 minute intermission, I skate toward the locker room stopping when I see commotion in my peripheral.

#91 from St-Augstine is towering over Adam in the goal, before a blink of an eye Elijah skates in front of Adam.

They're playing dirty.

Everyone knows you don't touch the goalie, they're the most important assest of the team.

"Back the fuck up." I shout skating in between the crowd of players who are throwing curses at one another,

"Pussy." The player who was fighting with Adam spits, instead of lunging at him I wink, amused.

"Locker room now!" I shout at my players,

I rip off my helmet once I step foot in the locker room, gulping down chugs of water.

"20 minutes boys." Coach walks in taking a moment to stare at us all individually,

"20 minutes that decide whether we are going to be playing in that final in three weeks."

"You're not playing your best, I've seen all of your bests and this isn't it. You are all amazing players, who deserve to be on that rink. Dig deep, find your strength and go out there and demolish them."' The team whistles and cheers,

Coach Dan gives me a look, a look that says a thousand words.

My chest tightens, knots form in my stomach.

"You know what to do, Captain." Coach's eyes bore into mine, his hand slapping my back as he passes me and makes his way towards the corner of the room.

To the rest of the team her words mean nothing, just an order to give a pep talk, words to encourage them for the final period.

But I know better.

"Alright gather in." I clear my throat as the boys huddle in closer,

"Listen to coach, find your strength to win these 20 minutes. I've worked with each and every one of ya and I know you can do this. Make this count, not just because of the finals but because.."

I blow out a shaky breath, my eyes connecting with Wyatt's who gives me a nod of encouragement.

"This is my final game as a panther."