𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. big ten title

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT!
❪ in real life & social media ❫

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT!❪    in real life    &    social media    ❫

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

CAITLIN BANKED IN THE LAYUP, MAKING THE STAND ERRUPT IN CHEERS. Isabel snapped the picture of the shot, quickly jumping up and down in celebration afterwards. The Big Ten title was on the line and the atmosphere was tense. Iowa had not played their best game in the first half, but once Caitlin started making her shots in the second, it was as if the team ignited.

Now it was all tied up—77 to 77. An immediate timeout was called by Nebraska once they regained possession of the ball. The head coach ushered her players into a huddle, quickly pulling out her clipboard to draw up a game plan. There was only 30 seconds of play left and all Iowa had to do was apply pressure.

Isabel noticed Kate's eyes on her through her camera lenses. She lowered the camera and made eye contact with her girlfriend, sending her an encouraging smile. Kate was nervous—Isabel could tell by the way she unconsciously tucked her bottom lip in between her teeth.

The rest of the season since Christmas had flown by quickly. Caitlin broke the all time scoring record for both men and women, Kate had finally scored her 1000th point at Iowa, and Travis Scott showed up to a game.

They also had senior night and played their last home game of regular season—much to Isabel's dismay. She shed enough tears to fill a swimming pool. Luckily, her parents had been able to make it and they formally got to meet Kate for the first time.

Kate sent her a discreet wink before turning her attention back onto Bluder who was begging them to go out there and play hard defense. Isabel felt her cheeks flush at the action. She seemed to fall more in love with Kate each and every passing day.

"You're so in love," Dara said, looking between the two of them in knowingness. Isabel turned to her, eyes widening and cheeks only deepening in redness. "Don't look at me like that, Is! I'm just calling it how I see it, and Kate Martin is definitely your person."

"Dara!" Isabel gasped. "That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me!"

"I'm always nice to you." Dara rolled her eyes. "Except when you forget your 5.6 lens." True. Dara texted Isabel every morning of a game day, reminding her to not forget anything. However; one time Isabel forgot to pack half of her lenses for an away game, and she ended up making Dara alternate her lenses with her the entire time. Dara didn't talk to her for three whole days after that.