A Rover's Story

(this is kind of like a report about a book I read, not on Wattpad, just a book, not for school either. I just wanted to get my feeling out)

A Rover's Story is a book made by Jasmine Warga about a rover names Resilience, nicknamed Res.

I love this book so much. There's so much I want to express about this amazing piece of literature.  From the characters to the dialog, to the way they speak, just down to the lot. Everything about this book is so incredible.

--------

Resilience: A rover with human emotions, who is going to Mars. Made from his Pov. And is the main character. Catch phrase is "Zappedty zip"

Journey: A rover who is more robotic, always calling Res 'strange' or telling him to be more 'rational'. Catch phrase is "Beeps and boops"

Fly: A kind helicopter drone with understanding of human emotions. Goes to Mars with Res. Very chatty, imaginative, loves singing. Especially singing "Twinkle, twinkle" my favorite character. (besides Res)

Guardian: A satellite that watches over Fly and Res while they rove on Mars. Very informative, argues with Fly. Catch phrase is "Gruzunks"

Rania: A human who helped build Res, Fly and Journey. Has a daughter, no nonsense lady. Res' favorite 'hazmat' (thats what the robots call humans)

Xander: A friendly human who also helped build the three. Likes to joke, funny and layed back. Talks to Res face to face. Which they both enjoy.

Sophia: A human girl who writes letters to Res since she was in 6th grade up until she's 33. Res sadly never gets to read them. Grows connected to Res as it goes on. Rania's daughter. Nicknamed Sophie.

-----------

Those are the characters of this book.

This book is so meaningful to me. And to others, because Christina Soontornvat says "Res taught me what it means to be fully alive."

And I just have to agree with her. Res is an amazing rover. And I'm so happy I decided to pick this book off the shelf. 

I have mixed emotions on the ending, I guess it's bittersweet. My mom always says "It's sad when you finish a book because you'll never see your friends again." I have to agree again, I make connections very easily, and I'm never ready for anything to end. Especially this book.

Jasmine Warga done such an awesome job bringing these robots to life, making me feel for them. Making me cry for them. Making me laugh with them. Emotions. So many of them. 

I hope you will decide to get this book from a library or somewhere, it's just so worth while.