(𝐈) 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘜𝘚 𝘗𝘖𝘝

SHE WAS FALLING FROM THE SKY.

My dead heart plummeted as it seemed to return to life, thumping against my chest as I immediately sped towards her, yet it seemed to be too late, despite my enhanced speed, I'd never make it in time. It all happened so quickly.

But something happened.

Something I didn't expect.

As she was a few metres away from the ground, a hefty mattress appeared where she was due to land, larger than any I had ever seen, it would break her fall, allow her to reach the ground unharmed.

Yet where had it come from?

I didn't have time to ponder that now, I was by her side as quickly as my immortal body would allow me to. Yet her unconscious state hit me like a train as the voice of the beast crept back inside of my mind, hissing profanities, screaming that we should have been there sooner, that even if she landed upon this, what's to say the impact didn't leave marks, even if the mattress was as big as it was?

I held her in my arms, just staring at her closed eyes and suddenly pale complexion. I didn't even spare a second glance at Timothee, who just stood there looking horrified at himself, I felt two other presences by my side and I knew who it was, they must've seen her falling and the mattress appearing from the windows that illuminated the halls and stairways that led to this part of the gardens the quickest from where I presumed they were.

It all seemed to snap in place, I knew what would help her, yet I knew she was on a thin line, and that her transformation would have to happen soon, who knows how many more calls like this can be made before it finally takes her fragile human body too far?

Yet her chest still rose, and it still fell, and that was my hope, that each rise of her chest wouldn't be her last.

𓆩☀𓆪

𝘒𝘈𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘐𝘕𝘌 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I VISIBLY CRINGED BACK, the brightness of the sunlight in caparison to the darkness that overtook me as I fell was a surprise. Although I knew it was there to help me as I stared into the bright shining circle in the sky. It was strange to me, as a child, when teachers said to not look at the sun, that it would blind us if we looked too long, and it still never bothered me.

The comfort of my sheets welcomed me into the room again, and as I glanced to the left of me, I was surprised to see that one of my mates had taken to sleeping beside me, and it touched my heart, to know that even though it provided them with nothing, they wanted me to feel as though my need for the human activity didn't provide as a burden for them spending less time with me.