Telling Luke and Julie

"Hey, did you ever use Julie's laptop the other day to like...look stuff up?" Luke asks, the curiosity was killing him at this point.

Reggie had meant to tell him and Julie, but it slipped his mind. Again, he didn't feel like it was a big announcement and didn't want to make it a big deal.

"He said it was personal, leave him alone, Luke." Julie says.

"Oh, no it's okay. I was gonna tell you earlier. I just forgot." Reggie says. "Me and Alex discovered a new word. Aromantic, aro for short. Basically, I don't vibe with that romance thing you guys are always on about. I'm like...immune. It's like a superpower, but better because it's real."

"Oh, that's so cool, Reggie!" Julie smiles.

Luke smiles and nods.

"Well, I'm gonna go chat with Ray, see ya guys later." Reggie poofs away. As soon as he's gone, Julie looks to Luke knowing he's about to ask some questions.

"So what exactly does he mean immune to romance?" Luke asks. "Not to sound like an ignorant jerk, but I thought it was just a natural feeling?"

"It is a natural feeling, just not a universal feeling everyone feels." Julie says. "Him not feeling romantic attraction is just as natural you feeling it."

Luke nods. "I feel like I was kinda a jerk the other day... kinda implied everyone was supposed to find a 'special someone' and that it was supposed to be romantic. I had no idea he wasn't into that or that he considered all of us so special."

"You could always talk to him about it, I'm sure." Julie says.

"Yeah..." he says, but he wasn't all to sure about the idea. He didn't want to say anything stupid. "Actually, can I borrow your laptop?"

"You're gonna Google a bunch of stuff about this, aren't you?"

"What? No. No, I just...wanna watch the Great video again." He says.

**

"Hi Ray!" Reggie appears in the kitchen where Ray was reviewing some photos. "So guess what? Turns out I'm aromantic. Cool right? I kinda always knew I didn't have those feelings, I just never knew there was a word for it. The guys and Julie have been cool about it. I guess I don't know why they wouldn't be, but it's nice to know nothing will change."

"Hey." Alex appears next to him. "You told Luke and Julie yet?"

"Yeah, yeah, they're cool."

"Can I ask how you're being so causal about this?" Alex asks. For him discovering he was gay and coming out to his friends was a huge walk to get over and it seems as if Reggie was so chill about this whole thing. "I mean, were you nervous at all to tell them."

"Not really." Reggie shrugs.

"I'm sorry, that was a stupid question, I -"

"Nah man, it's good." Reggie stops Alex before his mind can spiral. "I wasn't nervous because it didn't feel like a secret."

"That makes sense." Alex nods. "You know, I was just talking to Luke and I think he's really into this for you, he was looking up a bunch of stuff like 'how to be a supportive to be aro friend' and stuff."

Reggie chuckles. "Kinda sounds like Luke."

That's all for this one, I didn't really know how to end it lol.

I wanted to point out real quick, Reggie's so chill about discovering this and coming out not because it's not a big part of him, but because it really just feels like something that was already known. I also am like this, I didn't really "come out" to my friends, I just causally mentioned I wasn't into that sorta stuff. So like even though I was causal about it and Reggie's being causal about it, it's not because it's not a big deal but it's just easier to be casual about it because it doesn't feel like this big new announcement. Ya know? I just didn't like wanna give wrong messages lol. Still don't even know if I explained this right.

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you all have a wonderful day. Keep standing tall <3