To be wed of hatred (Daniel)

"I now pronounce you husband, and wife." The pastor said. With the empty peers at the venue and the very very loud crowd (clearly), that same brown haired woman approached me, a basic white wedding dress and a skirmish grin on her evil face. Her green eyes just spoke evil. I'm sure that was all she ever was going to be.

"Looks like my dream finally came true, Daniel."

The way she disgustingly said my name only sent pure anger up my spine. She had to ruin my life, and the fact that she stole all the power I withheld inside me only to take my hand in marriage was the worst thing she had done. Despite her drug dealings 3 years ago. I just knew, that this very moment in my life, would be the start of my downfall.

——

I awoke in my bed, sweat drenched and my hair sticky. I had the same reoccurring dream nearly every night. The nightmare I walked myself right into.

I wipe my forehead with my arm, attempting to dry it off. The haunting look on Lyla's face as she accomplished the one thing she had ever wanted to do in her life, marry me, stayed imprinted into my brain. A burning image. Just like the burning image of my bedroom burning around me.

I take in a deep breath, then with my exhale I shuffle my way off my bed. Sunlight was peaking through the blue curtains on my windows. I could hear commotion downstairs, which meant my children and possibly Lyla were awake. The idea of having to walk downstairs and see her disgusting face was cruel enough, let alone breathing the same air as her made you want to severe your own head from your own body.

My phone stared blaring a vibration sound from my nightstand. I rushed to go unplug it as I held it up to my face. In bold letters, the name Lily was at the top of the screen. I slide the green button across the screen.

"Hey, Daniel." Her voice spoke over the phone. I could hear voices from behind her as well, one I could make out as Eli's.

"Lily... hey." I say, my voice raspy and tired. I yawn, then I glance at the clock on my wall as I sit back sown on my bed.

"So, Eli and I are throwing a party at my house tonight," she explained, then I heard their daughter, Melanie, laugh behind her. Her house was always busy... but so was mine. "I know you're always busy and everything with your kids and your work... but... please, Daniel, try to make it to this one. I'll try to get someone to distract Lyla so you can come alone." She continued.

I stayed silent. I guess I could go, since tonight was the one night I didn't have anything going on. But, nonetheless, I guess it doesn't really matter. Seeing my friends and getting away from Lyla was at the top of my bucket list.

"You know what? Sure. I'll go." I respond.

I heard Lily scream to Eli in excitement and then silence before returning her mouth up to the phone, "yay! I'm so excited!"

"Wait," I pause, thinking about it. "Is Marcus going to be there?"

"...well duh."

I hadn't seen Marcus in at least a few weeks, and the thought of finally being able to hold him in my arms again sent jolts of anticipation through my chest. If there was only one person left in the world who could make me happy, It'd be him.

"Alright, what time is it?" I stand to my feet quickly and head to the bathroom.

"4-5. Also, dress relatively nice, even though that's never been an issue with you." Lily replied. I stared into my own blue eyes while looking in the mirror.