A Recognizable Face (Marcus)

⚠️(This chapter contains smut) ⚠️

"WHAT DO I WEAR!?" Lucy shouted through the walls. I was startled as I nearly fell off my chair.

"What?" I yell back, then I get to my feet and rush into her room. Lucy had different combinations of dresses and tops spread about on her floor.

"What am I supposed to wear to the party?" She looked at me, disappointment and frustration in her expression. She looked as if she wanted to tear something apart in pure anger, or more so, snap my neck.

"Lucy, just wear a dress. Like this one," I go to her closet and pick out a black dress that had a cut out on the back and sleeves that hung off the shoulders. Her face lit up, then she instantly took the dress from the hanger.

"This one is prefect! Thank you, Marcus," she shouted, happily, then I smiled as I left. Lucy and I had shared a house together, we were roommates since we both equally needed somebody to live with and didn't want to die alone. We were very close friends so of course we both agreed to the fact. But Lucy was never the dream person I had wanted to share a house with... Daniel was.

I was already dressed, anxiously checking the time ever so now and then to make sure we had enough time to get there on time. Lucy always took forever to get ready, which points to the reason why I was so anxious.

Parties were never the same anymore, though, not without Daniel.

I hadn't seen him at least three weeks. And being without him is the equivalent to going insane. I was surprised I hadn't cracked yet, though. The temptation was strong still nonetheless.

I adjusted my hair in the mirror, its boring brown texture was enough to make me wish I had different hair. But it didn't matter, hair never really did matter.

Lucy came tumbling down the stairs, nearly landing on her face. She decided to try and run down carpeted stairs with heels on. The smartest decision she's ever made I'm sure.

"Let's go now." I say, entirely ignoring the fact that she nearly killed herself. She rushed towards me, then we both went out the front door to my car. I hop into the drivers seat, Lucy sitting next to me in the passenger side. It had been a long while since I saw all of my friends in one place, so the idea sounded really fun.

Although I wouldn't get to see Daniel. The thought of not being able to see my Daniel made me feel nauseous. I'm his Marcus. He's supposed to be with me every second of my life. I don't really know why he's been isolating himself from me. It makes me think he hates me, that he hates me for killing Josh.

I barely see him. I've barely been able to see him for nearly fifteen years. I wonder what I did sometimes, I wonder if maybe he hates me because of what happened with us before he died.

But it doesn't matter, I guess. I may just be a horrible person, and that I did something cruel that I didn't mean to do or I just don't remember.

I step on the gas and head to Lily's house. Lucy was fixing up her makeup in the mirror of the sun shield. She was applying pink lipstick. I tried to drive as carefully as I could so it didn't ruin her makeup.

A song blared over the speakers when I parked into Lily's driveway. We appeared to be the first ones here, which was cool. Lucy excitedly hopped out of the car and ran up the steps of their porch, not tripping on her heels this time.

I cowardly follow behind her, holding a tray of chocolate chip cookies I was instructed to bring. Our parties were one of my favorite things about the past, especially the feeling of walking up the steps of the porch holding a snack you were told to bring.