~ Twenty-Four~

November 5th, Saturday, 2PM

Maia's P.O.V

If you had told me three days ago that I'd be laying in bed with the worst of all migranes a day a stupid, sniffily nose, I would have laughed and then been mad for someone trying to curse me with being sick.

And yet here I am.

Paige was coming over after her practice, I had to force both her and Alyssa to actually go to where they needed to be and not miss because I had a simple cold. Paige still had practice, along with rehab after and Alyssa needed to support her team. I knew my girlfriends practice was over but she still needed to do her rehab so it would be at least another 45 minutes before I even received a text from her, which was why I was confused when I heard someone knocking at my door.

"Who is it?" I call out before coughing, groaning afterwards from the ache in my chest and head from it.

"Nika." The accented voice cuts through the door, making me blink. I pull the blanket I had over my shoulders before going to open the door.

"Hey." Nika grins slightly. The girl wearing some gray sweats, her Uconn practice shirt still on as if she had come straight from practice, and with the time on my phone, she would have to have.

"What are you doing here?" I question before stepping, obviously letting her come in.

Nika holds her hands up slightly, "I can't stay... Alyssa's game," She states to which I nod to, a hand coming to rub at my hand slightly, I'm just glad my nose was stopped up and not running.

"Paige wanted me to bring you some stuff she brought to practice for you, I get out earlier obviously so I offered to bring it." She states, handing over a white plastic bag that I just now noticed she had.

"Sorry to rush, but I'm already late for the game. I hope you feel better, I'll see ypu tonight." The Croatian grins as our double date at the movies had been turned into a simple house sleepover due to me being sick, I give a small smile back, covering my kiutb as I cough slightly. The foreign girl waving as she was already starting to get back to her car to make it to the volleyball gym.

I close the door, looking into the gifted bag I was given before laughing quietly. There was a wide variety of different cold medicines, a box of chocolates and some Gatorade in it.

"That girl.." I mutter softly, smiling at my girlfriends kindness, taking my time to look through the different medicines before deciding on a cold and headache reliever, taking two pills before grabbing the green apple Gatorade.

I had told Paige the night before that we were low on medicine when I first told her I was getting sick and that I needed to get more, I guess she did that for both Alyssa and I.

I sneeze, groaning at the ache that goes through my body from it, and silently cursing whoever got me sick. I had a feeling it was from my Psychology 203 class as almost half of the students were out this week.

"They couldn't have missed class before they got me sick." I mumble, annoyed as I move back to the couch, sitting on it and bundling myself in my blanket. The device by my side brightens as I shoot a quick glance to it, Paige should be done in about 20 minutes which means she should be here in about 40.

"I can take a small nap right?" I ask myself, cuddling more into the blanket as a shiver racks it's way up my body, laying my head on the armrest of the couch as I curl up. My eyes closing in an attempt to relieve the pain behind them and in my body even for a little bit.

_______

Waking up after a nap always through me for a loop, especially a mid day one, I could never tell in the beginning if I had been asleep 5  minutes or five hours.