Chapter 22

Hi, before you read this, there is something I need to tell you all. Midsem is just a week, so I'll update as many as I can before I'm busy again. I want to finish this story, but I don't have much time. I hope you all understand me as a student and my priorities. I'm sorry that I can't give 100% attention to this. I hope you all can have some patience while waiting because I'll keep updating, but not as frequently as before. I update on some random day and then vanish for a week, but I remain calm as I will never stop updating.

Also, for those who commented, thank you, but I'm sorry that I never had time to reply to you all. So if there is any problem, you can directly reply to me on the message board. That's all. Thank you, guys, for still supporting me.

-Butterflyoreo-

_________________________

As Lucifer read all the information given, River asked him, "Do you know that this Stella girl keeps asking about you as if she knows you?" Seeing no reaction from Lucifer, he kept asking, "Is she one of your past lovers or something because she looks a tad bit crazy when asking about you? That's what my spy described to me. She had such spooky obsessive eyes that it scared me when I looked at her.".

"Never seen her" is all Lucifer says. Indeed, Lucifer never saw her because no one other than the high council in the mafia has ever seen Lucifer face-to-face. Lucifer's mysterious reputation and elusive nature made it nearly impossible for anyone outside of the inner circle to truly know him.

Since he reigned over the mafia, Lucifer has been busy maintaining the organization's power and influence, leaving little time for personal relationships or encounters with strangers. The last time he ever played around with a girl was when he was in high school. So there's no girl that's ever been near Lucifer till now except for Athena.

Lucifer I darkened at the thought of Athena being harmed. "Observe this mutt for a little longer. Her acquaintance and all the men she has been with. Send her picture to my men and ask them to keep an eye on her."

"Alright, boss" River said while swaying her feet on the sofa with a mischievous glint in his eyes. River typed something on his phone and sent the picture of Stella to Lucifer's men, ensuring she would be closely monitored.

At the moment, all of Lucifer's subordinates receive the same notifications at the same time.

After reading through the information of one of his men who became a rat, Lucifer looked like he could kill anyone in his way. Even little River shivered from the dangerous aura emanating from Lucifer.

Standing up from the sofa, River walked quietly to the door and said, "You know what? I'm thirsty. I'll be back" he said, shutting the door quickly. The shiver calmed down a little. "He's so scary when he's mad."

As the little river walked to the kitchen, he smelled the most enchanted smell ever. He ran to the kitchen, expecting to see some maids, but remembered that Lucifer never had a maid or chef in the house. He tiptoed to the kitchen door and peeked inside, only to find Athena cooking or baking while swaying to the song she was humming.

Athena continues to sing, oblivious to the man who has been peeping at her. As she finishes with her dough, she decides to make it into some cute shapes. As she turned around to pick up the tray at the other table near the kitchen door, she finally noticed River standing there watching her. Startled, she dropped the tray, causing a loud clatter that echoed through the kitchen.

River realized that he was being caught peeping and quickly stepped forward to help her clean up the mess and apologize for startling her. Athena, still slightly flustered, accepted his help, and they both shared a nervous laugh as they both faced each other with nervous expressions.

Feeling weird about the little stranger inside the house but feeling no malicious intent from him, she politely asks, "Umm, who are you? Are you one of the Lucifer men?"

'This must be my sister-in-law' "Hi sister-in-law, my name is River. I'm Lucifer, a man, and also his little brother. Also, I'm going to be your little brother too." River smiled sweetly at Athena.

Athena is not someone who is resistant to cute things, so she melts the cute introduction with the innocent face plastered on River.

'Awhh, he's so cute.' "Okay, since you are my brother, you will be helping me make cookies, alright?" Athena asked River while walking back to her original spot.

"Of course, I can help with anything." This is the second time River has received a warm feeling, not because they pitied him. For most of his life, he has received kindness because they feel pity for him, but his sister knows nothing about my story but still treats me kindly. "There has never been a woman like this in the Mafia."