PROLOGUE

10 years ago
Lagos, Nigeria
January 4th, 2:pm

Tosi stared between her mum and the  people in front of them, she couldn't understand why the woman was staring at her with disgust and why the man was looking at her like a ghost or why her mum was crying.

Her mum modupe kept sniffing as she explained to the surprised man and his wife. Meanwhile, Tosi's eyes never left that of the two children sitting on the other side of the big living room playing with toys.

She turned to her mum who used an handkerchief to clean her eyes," mummy can I play with them"she pointed at the two children.

"Of course dear you can" Modupe forced a smile. And little Tosi stood up in attempt to join them.

That seems to tick Rachel who has been listening quietly off.

"PLAY WITH WHO" she yelled making the little girl to flinch slightly. "ARE YOU MAD OR SOMETHING! how can you come to my house and spill nonsense out of you dirty mouth"Rachel finally lost it.

She turned to her husband who just sat there stroking his hand on the side of his face. "Ayo say something"

The hurt in her eyes were evident and Ayo didn't know  what to say, how was he going to tell his wife that Tosi was his daughter and that he slept with Modupe on his bachelor party. He didn't know how to even start explaining.

He narrowed his eyebrows to the little girl who was now sitting on the sofa after being yell at. She had his eyes.

"Ayo!"Rachel almost yelled. She was keeping her voice in check."Ayo tell her she's lying" her hands came on top of his thigh." Tell her to stop lying. Bimbola and Aaron are your only children. Tell her to take that thing and herself out of this house"her hands were shaking his thigh now.

He wanted to tell her that Modupe was lying. But he couldn't, Tosi was his child. He couldn't just abandon her like that.

"Ayo say something!"Rachel yelled and he reached for her hand, slowly removing it from his thigh.

"Ayo"she drawled out looking at him with tears threatening to fall.

"She is. She's my daughter Rachel" he finally said, The look on Rachel face hurt him. But he had to say the truth."Rachel." He called out as she shifted from him.

He reached out his hand to her."Rachel. Rachel am sorry. I wasn't thinking straight. I was drunk and I didn't  know how to tell you what happened. I didn't know she was going to get pregnant." He tried explaining but Rachel was already long gone.

"Rachel."he touched her hands but she shoved it off quickly.

Tosi could never forget the look on her eyes as she stared at her and her mother. Rachel stood up slowly attempting to walk away but was stopped by Ayo who  held her hand.

"DON'T TOUCH ME AYO! DON'T FREAKING TOUCH ME!"she shoved his hand off angrily with tears already falling from her eyes.

"How could you do this to me Ayo? How could you? After all the things we've been through together. After all the things I did for you, you had the guts  Ayo. You had the guts to bring in these" she turned to Tosi and Modupe with a murderous look."these people into this house."

"Rachel calm down. Am sorry" Ayo tried apologizing but she wasn't having any of it.

Moving towards Modupe, she dragged her up from the chair making Tosi to squirm.

"And you Modupe. How dare you? How dare  a lowly fool like you bring this bastard into my house? "She yelled shaking Modupe who just kept quiet.

"HOW DARE YOU" Rachel pushed her to the floor.

"Mummy " Tosi rushed to her mum.

"SILAS!"Rachel yelled putting her hands on her waist.

"Rachel stop this!"Ayo pleaded.

"SHUT UP AYO! SHUT THE FUCK UP!"Her voice vibrated through out the rooms again. The maids had stop what they were doing. As they all went out of Rachel's sight.

"SILAS!!" Her voice was even louder this time.

"Madam I dey come"

Silas the tall man who seem to be in his 30's, was dressed in a white shirt sleeves and dark blue trousers which seems to be his uniform ran into the room with his cap in his hand.

Rachel turned to Modupe and Tosi." Throw these fools out of this house"she ordered.

"Silas you will do no such thing" Ayo added as Silas looked at both his madam and oga.

"Silas I said throw them out!"she ordered again.

"Silas don't try me"Ayo ordered.

Rachel turned to her husband in a fit of rage."so this is what you wanted abi?"she paused and pointed to the duo who were now standing." To have this prostitute and her daughter in our matrimonial home abi? So that the both of you can be able to do what you want without restrictions, yea?"

She moved closer to Ayo staring into his eyes."well let me shock you Ayo. It will not happen. Over my dead body will I let you and this whore get back together. I'd rather die than to see you happy with her." She pointed at Modupe without removing her eyes from Ayo."Mark my words Ayo. I will never allow the both of you to be together, it's either she dies or i die"

"I promise you Ayo. That girl will never be happy. I will make her life hell if I have to. I WILL MAKE YOUR LIVES MISERABLE IF I HAVE TO-"

Tah!!

That was the only sound heard, A resounding slap from Ayo was enough to cut her off.

He grabbed her shoulders tightly making Rachel to glare at him."mind the way you speak to me dear."he warned." Or have you forgotten you you're speaking to?" he pushed her away making his way towards Tosi and her mom.

Tosi was shocked as he raised her up putting her in his arms.

"Tosi is my daughter. And she's staying in this house whether you like it or not." He announced.

"And just like my wife and children, Modupe and Tosi must be treated with the same amount of respect" he ordered and Silas and some other workers who were in the other parts of the room nodded.

Tosi couldn't explain the happiness she felt at that time, she felt her stomach bubbling with excitement as she put her hand around ayo's shoulders. She finally got to meet her dad and even better, he was rich and now they were going to live a better life.

If only she knew.

If only she didn't come here with her mom.

If only they had stayed at their passage house with just one room.

If only she never met Rachel and her kids.

If only she never existed.

If only she knew what this new world had installed for her.

So this is the prologue guys.

How was it?

Do you think Rachel was too sensitive?

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote ❤️❤️❤️