Chapter Three: Thems the Rules

Spoiler warning: Major spoilers for Hazbin Hotel Season 1

Cover art, idea, and $request$ by @precisespace on Tumblr

Written by ViktheViking

For details on how you could request a story, click the link in my Tumblr bio @viktheviking1

A moment of awkward silence passed between the four men when electricity began sparking out of Vox. Like a storm cloud, his energy sparked between parts of himself and to the nearest objects. A vase of flowers burst into flames, the computers absorbed the energy, shutting down, and the coffee table simply turned to dust.

Val sighed and took three steps back, "Here we go."

In a flash of light, Vox crossed the room and jumped fist first towards Alastor. The radio demon simply responded with a bemused face and used a black tendril of magic to catch Vox's fist, now inches from his face. They glared at each other, close enough that Vox felt Alastor's exhale, before falling to the ground. The radio demon just stood there looking smug, hands behind his back.

"Ah! If it isn't my hot-headed old friend. How lovely to see you in person! Do you need some coolant for your systems?" Alastor's menacing grin reached his eyes.

Vox picked himself up off the floor, and glared "If you were trying to be clever, you failed. Most TV's use internal cooling fans, not coolant."

Alastor shrugged, "I suppose that does make more sense. You would be the type to install your own personal fan to inflate your ego."

Vox clenched his teeth.

"What's wrong, sparky? Bite through your tongue again?" Alastor sneered.

Vox lunged, but this time at Valentino. He grabbed Val's shoulders, "What did you do?!"

"Just made a little gamble for a new slut, that's all." Valentino smiled but looked just a little nervous.

Vox opened his mouth to yell, but Val continued, "I'd never bet anything actually important. It's just for another whore's soul."

Vox gave a long, low groan at the ground, before looking back up again, "Which whore?"

"Angel Dust, but don't worry! His numbers have been going down anyway, and if we win, we get him, a snake sinner." Valentino leaned in and whispered seductively, "He has 2 dicks."

Alastor noted to himself how Vox seemed just a little happy at the news that they might lose Angel. Interesting~ Trouble in paradise? A little jealousy? That might be useful info to have if and when the show gets a season 2. Too bad this isn't canon.

"You-! What-?! . . . Agh! Let me see the contract!" Vox screamed, and Alastor produced a glowing paper from his pocket; the deal that was just struck between the three overlords (if you included Husk).

Vox snatched it from his hands and began reading intensely.

Valentino leaned over and whispered, "I also got Alastor to say that he would throw himself onto a holy weapon if he cheats. So if we can get him desperate enough-"

"You idiot, you didn't get him to say anything! First, it says if he cheats, meaning at all, not if he gets caught. So he's guaranteed not to even try it. At least he would be if for the fact he never specified what kind of angelic weapon. He could just throw some holy bullets on the ground trip on them, and call it square." Vox rubbed his forehead.

Alastor snickered, and Husk hid a smirk behind his hand. You had to admit, it was a funny image.

"Don't start!" Vox yelled, pinching his fingers together, "I am this close to knocking your antlers off before spring!"