(2)

Shanaya was still looking up at the guy in front of her who was now holding an overly excited Sammy in his arms

She looked at Ritika and Rohit with an exasperated look on her face.

But the two weren't even noticing her.

Her jiju was busy recording the two while her di looked at the two lovingly.

After a minute of this, Shanaya let out an annoyed cough to get everyone's attention.

The three elders and the child all looked towards her.

Ritika nodded at her.

Ritika:- "So like what exactly was happening here?"

Tilak and Shanaya started blabbering at the same time.

Rohit:- "Oo Oh bhai! One at a time!"

Tilak went quite and gestured to Shanaya to speak.

Shanaya:- "Well I was sleeping and I heard a noise so I got up to check and I saw this weirdo snooping in the fridge. So naturally my defensive instincts worked and I picked up the closest thing I could to hurt him."

Tilak:- "Hello!! Who did you just call a weirdo??"

Tilak said offended.

Shanaya:- "You! Who else, you freak?"

Ritika:- "Shanu!"

Ritika glared at her cousin.

Shanaya:- "What? you tell me if you saw a strange man in the house when no one else is there would you not pick up a damned flower vase?"

Rohit:- "Well she has a point."

Rohit said from behind Ritika.

Shanaya:- "How did you even get in??? the doors were locked!"

Tilak:- "First, I am not a stranger and second, most importantly, I HAVE A KEY TO THE HOUSE!"

Ritika let out a sigh and looked at Rohit who seemed to be once again enjoying this entire performance.

Ritika:- "Rohit did you or did you not tell Shanu that Tilak was coming?"

Rohit:- "Well... I might've forgotten."

Rohit said rubbing the back of his neck.

The three kids in the room started laughing, while Ritika just rubbed her temples.

Rohit:- "Aree jaan kuch nahi hota even we got some entertainment out of this."

Rohit said hugging Ritika from behind and as always she melted.