i. telling myself i wont go there

⸺ ❪ 🍄 ❫ CHAPTER ONE
recommended light mode !

⸺ ❪ 🍄 ❫ CHAPTER ONErecommended light mode !

          ELODIA STARK was someone who people called fortunate

ELODIA STARK was someone who people called fortunate. She denied it every time; it was faith, she always said. Most were shocked when they found out the Stark Heiress grew up in Hell's Kitchen, in west of Midtown Manhattan no less. There were rising concerns of the neighborhood; the increasing percentage of crime, the constant homelessness. Stark always said she had an roseate personality as a child. She befriended everyone around her, as though she were a starlight leading paths for people. Elodia always explained her troubles of growing in an orphanage, her religious beliefs, there was much she was open about. That didn't mean she spilled her secrets, those tales would never be for the public eye.

It was her tenth birthday. Eleventh, maybe? There was a boy who was new to the orphanage. He was always so angry. So mean to the other kids. He didn't like loud, she observed everyday she saw him. Elodia always tried talking to him. No, Elodia didn't feel right. She remembered the day she introduced herself to Matt, it was a few weeks after he came. She sat next to him specifically during lunch. One day she told her name, Antoinette. The boy merely laughed, saying the name being too sophisticated for her. The sisters were stunned; Matthew Murdock laughed? He was sweet after that. They always ate lunch together, he no longer needed to be forced to attend classes.

Matthew always called her Annie. Antoinette always seemed so formal to him, so she returned the favor by saying Matty. They continued their friendship throughout the years. Elementary school, middle school, and high school itself. There were many people Elodia Stark had forgotten from her years of growing up in Hell's Kitchen, but never would she ever forget Matt Murdock. She remembered when one night she heard him screaming late at night so she ran into the boys room to comfort him and had to be dragged back to bed. She remembered one day having to chase away children who were throwing rocks at the orphanage and tripped on a stone herself, Murdock tending to the scratch on her knee because she'd be in trouble if the sisters found out. She remembered when it was Valentines Day at the orphanage that they had to partner up and get their partners a gift, she remembers how instantly Matt ran to her. She remembered the teddy bear Matt Murdock gave her for Valentines Day. She remembered it all a little too well. Every moment they spent together was practically engraved into Elodia's brain, but if there was Stark would have to choose to keep forever, perhaps it would be when she told him she found her birth parents or when she made them matching bracelets made of her old dress, but it would most definitely not be when they were in college.