TEASER OF CHAPTER 20

Yeah! Maybe, I am back. Maybe, because I still am unable to write. Ek to zindagi itni ajeeb chal rahi hai, aur uppar se nobody here seems to enthusiastic like before. I know, I don't update regularly but it was the pheeka response which made me delay things. It was only your comments which pushed me to write no matter how chaotic my life was.

This teaser too came, not because my life is going all perfect! Wo to abhi bhi ajeeb si hi hai, astagfirullah! I know I should always be thankful to Allah, but there is this thought which makes me feel like I am the only one left behind, while everyone's moving forward and no matter how much I try to stay positive it is not helping.

To zindagi abhi bhi jhand hi hai doston😂😂but it is because of some readers constant ‘please update’ which tugged my still pareshan heart to write.

So, thank you to those who still remembers me and love me. I don't know when I'll update the whole chapter, it's half written... but yes, based on your response I'll continue , if you guys do want me to.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

“Why ?”

“What, why ?”

“Why do you want me now ? It's not like any of us have changed. Aap bhi wahi hai aur main bhi wahi, then what changed?” he flinched, taken aback by her question. He never knew she could ask a question so deep... Jahangir felt ashamed of creating an image of her which was too immature, her words were proof she was anything but immature.

A heavy silence hung in the air, the one which weighed upon their shoulders.

Jahangir watched her in silence unable to answer her. He felt like his words were stuck. Maybe, it was because he was seeing her, observing her mature side for the first time. This side of hers had always been there but he had been a blind man, too immersed in his own prejudices about her.

There was heavy gulp which ended the silence that accumulated between them, and it won't have ended if he hadn't seen her eyes fill with tears.

She was taking his silence, his moment of shame and admiration for her, as an contemplation. She was thinking he was forced to be with her, just because they announced their marriage to their elders.

He knew he had to speak, now. “Your happiness changed everything, Aria.” and of course my selfishness. He thought, but did not dared speak it loud. He did not had the time to even ponder over his thought, as he asw her expressions changing.

From being teary to annoyed, her eyes emitted fire which Jahangir could not help but feel drawn towards.

“I am sorry for your delusional thoughts! But do you really believe that I am dying to be with YOU?!” she spat, not caring he was still the same man who intimidated her the most. Aria could not handle his delusion. She was not someone who was desperate to be with a man, specially not him!

Maine to aaj tak inko kya, kisi ko bhi bhav nahi diya, phir inhone kya dekhkar aisi wahiyat galat fehmi paal li hai?!

Allah!! Kya isi galat fehmi ki wajah se ye itne nihayti besharam ho gaye hai, aur itna over free ho rahe hai mere saath ?

“No! But I am certain about one thing-” Aria gulped when he pulled her closer to rake his fingers over her face, especially her cheeks, which were sure red by now , all because of his ministrations.

He was sure good at pulling tricks to race her heart at an uncontrollable rate. Scared of heart failure, she was about to scream and told him to get his hand off her face, when he himself pulled it back, only to hold her hands in a soft comforting way, the one she wasn't able to deny.

“I know I broke your heart because of my rejection-” he had just started to speak, but stopped, hearing her laugh loudly.

“Kisi ka dil todne ke liye, aapka uspar ikhtiyar hona zaroori hai. Jo log aapse mohabbat karte hai, wo apko apna dil todne ki quwat dete hai, par maine wo quwat aapko nahi di hai. So you can't break me. I don't love you, and you, have no power over my heart.” Aria replied smugly, telling him he had no control over her at all. She hadn't given him the power to rule her heart, to take it's advantage and abuse her feelings.

Yes, she felt a little sad, or maybe more, when he denied their relationship, but that was it. Maybe, she felt this much pain, because he was her husband.

Aria, did not had any expectations from Nawab Jahangir Riyaz Durrani, but her husband! And they too were shattered, when he denied their relationship as a mistake.

She was glad he had no control over the deepest and darkest part of hers, the one which was too vulnerable, and could demolish her delicate heart, piece by piece, till it was a fragment of nothing.

But Jahangir Riyaz Durrani had other plans.

He wanted to conquer her, her heart, be its owner, like she was his, and he made sure that her whole being would bear witness to everything he was about to say. 

“Mohabbat to hogi aapko humse, aur zaroor hogi jaise mujhe hui hai...” taking hold of her nape, Jahangir pulled her towards himself, and held her chin, making her look into his eyes that were gleaming wildly, dancing to the tunes of love. His other hand was busy making infinite circles over her waist, sending her warmth, seeing her breath slowly because of his actions.

“--You, yourself will confess it one day, Nawab begum...” He dared her, confessing his heart and informing her of their future with a small smile.  He was loving his effect over her.

But he wanted more.

He wanted her to love him, the kind that would control her heart, and tug her mad, until she would surrender, and find solace in his vicinity only.

She looked at him, eyes wide. Even with hitched breaths and a trembling body, Aria wasn't able to stop herself from looking into his eyes.

They were too intense to look down.