Prelude

Please this is my first story after trying to believe in my writing abilities. Please show a little love to this. It's just a prelude and the first chapter will keep you on your toes...

"In the town of darkness, where secrets whisper through the night, one boy must uncover the truth to escape the chains that bind him. Dive into a world of mystery and terror, where the shadows hide the truth and the truth can be deadly."

"Can he break free before the darkness consumes him?"

Vernon's eyes slowly opened, like two curtains drawing apart to reveal a dark and foreboding landscape

Vernon's eyes slowly opened, like two curtains drawing apart to reveal a dark and foreboding landscape. He found himself entangled in a web of chains, secured to a chair like a prisoner in a medieval dungeon. The metal links bit into his skin, and he felt like a wild animal trapped in a cage. A sharp pain pierced the back of his head, and he felt lightheaded, as if his senses were slowly returning from a long slumber.

The room was dimly lit, with eerie shadows dancing on the walls like macabre silhouettes. A single flickering light bulb cast an eerie glow, making Vernon's skin crawl. A table stood between his chair and another, as if he was a guest on a sinister talk show. Blood oozed from his mouth and nose, and he looked up to see two detectives, their faces stern and unforgiving.

Panic set in, and Vernon's heart raced like a wild animal

Panic set in, and Vernon's heart raced like a wild animal. He tried to remember how he ended up in this predicament, but his mind was a jumbled mess. He struggled against the chains, but they were too tight. He was trapped, like a rat in a maze. The detectives mocked him, their laughter echoing through the room like a cruel taunt.

One of them whispered in his ear, "It's gone," and continued to taunt him. Vernon's confusion deepened, his thoughts a jumbled mess. He tried to speak, but his voice was hoarse and barely audible. The detectives laughed again, their eyes gleaming with a sinister light.

As he tried to recall the events leading up to his captivity, his mind went blank. He passed out again, only to awaken to the warm smile of a beautiful woman. "Are you my guardian angel?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper. The woman, Miss Muggs, a twenty-seven-year-old therapist, chuckled and reassured him he was alive.

Her radiant smile comforted him, and he found himself lost in her eyes

Her radiant smile comforted him, and he found himself lost in her eyes. They sparkled like diamonds in the dim light, and he felt a glimmer of hope. Miss Muggs introduced herself and began questioning him. "What's your name?" she asked, her voice gentle. Vernon replied, "I'm Vernon, an eighteen-year-old boy from Shadowvale Hollow."

When she asked if he knew how he ended up there, he shook his head, his mind still foggy. She asked him about his family, his friends, and his life before this moment. Vernon's memories were hazy, but he tried to recall every detail. He remembered his family's warm smiles and the comfort of his home.

But something was off. A nagging feeling in the back of his mind told him that something was wrong. He tried to shake it off, but it lingered, like a shadow in the corner of his mind. Miss Muggs noticed his confusion and nodded sympathetically. "Don't worry, Vernon," she said. "We'll get to the bottom of this."

As she left, instructing him to rest, Vernon thought she must be mad - how could he rest when his body was bound by chains? The silence in the room was oppressive, and he began to recall the events leading up to his captivity. He sat quietly, calming himself, and started reminiscing from where it all began...

Thank you to my amazing audience for your unwavering support! Your encouragement means the world to me. Don't forget to LIKE and SHARE to help spread the word about my upcoming book, 'The Whispering Shadows of the Night'! #Grateful #BookLovers #SupportIndieAuthors"