Chapter 4

- Do you like this place?

We were in a little local coffee shop not too far from the mall. After Ribon hugged me, I offered to take him home, but he said he just wanted to get out of there to a different place and keep talking.

- Yes... a friend of mine works here.

- Just like in the bar?

- Fufu, that was Victoria, she helps make sure no one drugs me there.

- That's... unsettling... somehow I'm not surprised. Who was it that called you that day?

- Nosy aren't you? - Ribon looks up from his hot chocolate with fake annoyance and a smile. - That was Reborn, the idiot found a pretty redhead passed out in the snow with a child and needed my help.

- Is the girl fine?

- It was a guy.

- Did he have an eyepatch?

- You know him?

- Uhn... just a second...

I opened the time space continuum.

- Motherfucker.

- Is something wrong?

- Urg, just work. Someone is not where they should be.

Will it be catastrophic if I ignore it for now?

I checked further.

Doesn't seem like he was too important, eh, I will deal with it later.

- You seem oddly uninterested in what happened.

- You're the priority right now, relax, you had enough stress today.

- Could I relax in your house?

He gave me a sly smile and bedroom eyes.

- Don't you think it's better to rest at home?

- Oh please, I already started to open up, don't give me time to regret it. - He took a sip, seemingly in thought. - Unless you're rejecting me, that'd be fine.

- When was... the last time you ate, Ribon?

- Don't ask me that.

- Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to invade-

- That 's not it. I don't want you to feel pity for me cause you think I must be hungry. If we have our fun, I want it to be cause you want to have fun with me, not cause you feel bad.

- It just irks me a bit, I don't know if you had anyone recently or if you were planning on making me your meal of the week and I ruined it all by treating things like a normal date, not a hookup.

- It is a little out of place in my head, I only had normal dates when I was with my ex.

- Did he treat you well?

- He was the reason I got emotional earlier... - His tone was flat, his eyes narrowed at the memory. - Piece of shit didn't think I was enough apparently.

- Uhn! Definitely not a peaceful break up, I assume.

My eyes darted to the side at the uncomfortable topic.

- ... - Ribon seemed to focus on something, considering it. - Do you want something?

- Uhn? - I looked back at him. - What do you mean?

- From the menu, do you want something?

- Oh, this place is a little pricey for me...

I fidgeted awkwardly, he looked annoyed at me making me instantly nervous.