harvest moon festival

Jason Martinez positions himself in the center of the ring, his muscles tensed and eyes sharp, betraying no sign of fear. His breathing is controlled, his face set in a mask of unwavering focus as he surveys the five opponents circling him. Each adversary appears distinct - from a towering behemoth to a wiry, tattooed street fighter. The diverse mix of muscle and guile seems almost insurmountable.

The match commences upon the blast of an air horn, the sound echoing off the high ceilings.

The first challenger, a hulking brute, lunges at Jason with a bellow, swinging a wide, telegraphed punch. Jason ducks low, his agility highlighting the contrast between them, and lands a precise uppercut that sends the brute sprawling backward into the dust. The crowd roars in approval.

Quick to capitalize on his momentum, Jason rolls away from an incoming kick from the second opponent, the wiry street fighter, and springs to his feet. He feints left then dashes right, throwing the man off balance with his rapid movements before delivering a swift kick to the knee, neutralizing another threat.

The remaining three opponents approach more cautiously now, spread out to flank him. Jason's back is to none, his head constantly swiveling, eyes darting to retain his awareness of their positions. The smallest among his adversaries, trying to take advantage of his preoccupied state, dashes towards Jason with a makeshift knife. Reacting almost instinctively, Jason disarms him with a smooth, practiced motion, sweeps his legs, and pins him to the ground with an immobilizing hold.

The two final fighters seem momentarily deterred by Jason's skilled dispatch of their companions. They tentatively join forces, approaching him with a synchronized attack. Jason, however, anticipates their strategy, darts between them as they almost collide, and exploits their momentary confusion. A sharp elbow and a knee send one crashing, groaning, to the ground.

Finally, the last standing opponent faces Jason head-on, fists raised, breathing heavily. But the fatigue of the cumulative fight is visible. Jason measures him, then moves in. His movements are a blur-two punches, a feint, and a final brutal kick that sweeps the opponent off his feet. As the man lands heavily on the ground, the warehouse erupts in cheers.

Jason stands tall among the defeated, chest heaving, barely a scratch on him. His gaze sweeps the crowd, finally allowing a small, triumphant smile to play on his lips. He then gets a call on his phone.

Jason: omg blitzo if this about something stupid I swear to God I'm a-

Millie: hey jason miss me?

Jason: m-millie? How you get my number?

Millie: blitzo gave it to me.

Jason: still wondering how he got my number.

Millie: anyway we're going to the wrath section of hell for the harvest moon festival and we was wondering if you wanna come along.

Jason: I don't know what that is so no.

Millie: oh come on it'll be fun please.

Jason: No.

Millie: look please I would really love for you to come. You get to meet my family, see what the wrath ring is like, please, don't do it for blitzo do it for me please.

Jason: (sighs) fine.

Millie: yeee-fucking-haw!!!! I'll see you there wear something western. Love you.

Millie then hangs up.

Jason: she loves me? Sweet.