04

Incase you missed the last chapter, read it first.

Chapter four
"Bagwan akal baant rahe the tab kidhar the aap?"

✧ P R E E T ✧

"Hiiiiiii!" I chirped aloud to hide my nervousness after noticing the door opening.

"Hey, wifey." He replied while moving aside and letting me in. I looked around properly, my gaze falling on every detail of this house because I had to live in it for a while.

If he allows me to.

Right now most of the stuff wasn't adjusted so it felt more empty. The cream-coloured walls made the house look more spacious and huge. A few cartons and suitcases were lying around.

"Here." My trance broke and I raised my eyes which fell on him holding a glass of water in his hand.

God bless him. 

I took a sip of the water and upon gulping it I made a face. The water tasted so bad. I am that person who can not drink tap water, I need purified Auqagaurd's water. Even any other type of water purifier ruins the taste of water for me.

And the water here is among the worst.

I decided not to be a complaining kid and drank the water, with every sip I thought of my house's water thinking maybe it'd help but it didn't.

"Thank you," I mumbled with a smile. He went back to keep the empty glass inside the kitchen. In the meanwhile, I looked around for a second. There was no couch, maybe because he shifted here today itself.

Finding nothing to sit on, I looked at the largest carton among them all and sat on it. It was a matter of a few seconds that I dipped inside and fell on the carton with a thud.

I heard quick footsteps and while I was lying inside the empty carton, Deven was laughing his ass off in front of me. His loud laughter echoing the whole room.

Why am I clumsy as fuck? I trip on even surfaces, hit my hands while walking, drop everything and keep falling on my butt every day. Every day I get a new mark on my body which just appears randomly.

"How did you even end up there?" He kept laughing instead of helping me get up. I decided to help myself instead of crying about my fate. Watching me struggle, Deven forwarded his hand which I accepted and after the next two seconds, I was standing on the mattress holding my back.

It was already like a 60-year-old woman's back and now it hurts as well.

"I didn't know it was empty and I sat on it," I replied turning behind and glaring at the carton as if he understood it. Hearing some chuckles I glared at Deven who just covered his laugh.

His eyes show how he's still laughing.

"Stop." I firmly said but he ignored me. I hit his arm this time demanding him to stop laughing at me.

"Okay okay. What was so important?" I called him asking for his address a while ago and told him there was something important I needed to tell him.

I just came here to have a quick scan of his apartment. And it's nice, spacious, well furnished, large. I can survive here.

Except for the fact that the water tastes bad. Very bad.