•||Chapter 19: Returning||•

Shade went to look for Dime in the base, confused on where Dime was.

"Dime?" Shade said out loud, hoping Dime would respond.

"Dime is in the chambers" The Leader replied with a cold tone.

"But why is Dime in the chambers?" Shade asked, she was worried and concerned.

"For putting us in danger since Dime couldn't even keep their mouth shut and made you run away" The Leader answered.

"It was my fault though, I shouldn't have been so sensitive!" Shade argued.

"And who started talking crap about someone?" The Leader asked, she was not in the mood for arguing at all.

Shade stated silent, she knew that she wouldn't be able to stand up for her friend on that one. She lowered her head in disappointment.

"You need to stop standing up for your fake friend, it's only gonna hurt you more if you continue this friendship..." The Leader explained angrily.

"But-" Shade responded before she was cut off by the Leader.

"NO buts, I am doing this for your own health!" The Leader yelled.

"I don't wanna leave Dime though! They were my childhood friend!" Shade complained, she had tears forming already.

"Childhood friends can turn into fake ones, the fake friends like to build trust and then later break you later in your life" The Leader snarled.

"Can I at least see my friend! Your acting like their the terrible person when you are the terrible person who overreacts!" Shade argued, she was angry.

"Do not call me terrible! I am your mother and I am doing this to protect you!" The Leader yelled, raising her voice.

"Then why do you prevent me from seeing my friend!" Shade argued again.

"Because they are FAKE! I don't allow fake friends to talk to you! You are my daughter and I am not risking you to get upset again and end up being a hostage for another group!" The Leader answered angrily.

Shade got really upset at her mother, she wished she didn't return back to the base and stayed with the people who accepted her even though she is a disoriented murder drone.

"Well I'm leaving! I'm tired of you controlling my life and telling me who to not be friends with just because you are so worried about me getting upset!" Shade responded with a angry tone.

"NO! You are staying here!" The Leader snarled.

Shade didn't respond and ran on all fours, leaving her whole group behind and even her mother behind. She didn't look back, she kept running till she found Uzi, N, Cyn, and Shirley Finch.