Chapter 14. Vihaan

"Is she there?" I asked after Erica picked up the call

"No," she replied in her trembling voice. "I should have asked more politely, but fuck, my mind isn't working."

I went straight to the apartment where she used to live, but she wasn't there either.

It didn't take much time for Avi to get Drishti's number. He asked her, and she's not with her either.

I did everything I could for her security, and she's out there alone at midnight. What the fuck is wrong with her?

I sat in the car, scratching my forehead with the back of my thumb, and saw the earrings I gave her in the car.

That's so her, she left them here before leaving. Thanks to her, it gave me an idea of where she could be.

I drove as fast as I could, ignoring the calls from my parents. Stopping the car, I took the stairs, sure that's where I would find her.

The abandoned building where I first saw her.

Pushing the gate of the terrace slowly, I stepped around and saw her sitting against the boundary with her knees to her chest, sobbing alone in the moonlight.

She heard my footsteps but chose not to react. My little mess.

I stepped close to her and sat on the ground beside her.

"I hate you," she spoke while sobbing before I could say anything.

I hummed and put my hand on her shoulder. She shrugged it off.

She's testing my limits.

"You shouldn't have gone out alone," I said, putting my hand on her again, firmly enough to prevent her from shrugging it off.

"Why do you care?" she said, lifting her head and looking at me. Her nose and cheeks are red; I couldn't tell how long she had been crying. Her face was wet with tears, with hair strands stuck to it.

I cupped her face, wiped her tears, and brushed her hair behind her ears. She tried to remove my hands, but even in anger, she isn't strong enough to do so.

"What made you think I don't care?" I asked back.

"You're getting married to someone else. Why would you care about me?" she said, tears still flowing.

I wiped them away again, but she didn't seem to be in a mood to stop crying.

What a baby I have on me.

"Can you please stop crying first?" I said, looking at her without nothing but just love in my eyes. Watching her cry is making my heart ache.

She looked down and wiped her tears herself, trying not to let more out.

"I am not marrying her. My father wants me to for the sake of business profit, but there's no way I am going to do that," I said.

"So you don't love her?" she asked.

I laughed, and she gave me a killer gaze.

"No, I don't," I said.

"Then why were you silent when your father said that? You could have said something," she inquired.

"There's no point in doing that. He will never understand. He won't be able to do anything after I marry someone else of my choice. So I chose to stay silent," I said.

"Are you telling me the truth, Vihaan?" she asked, with her eyes looking innocent.

"Get up," I ordered, digging my gaze into hers.

"What?" she asked, scared and nervous.

"You heard me," I said politely.

She got up, and I got on my knees in front of her, looking up at her.

I held her hand, pulling out the wolf-adorned silver ring from my finger and sliding it onto hers. Two of her fingers could easily fit into it.

"To clear up the mess in your head, this is the best i could come up with. So, will you marry me, Alisha?" I asked, watching her eyes widen with a blush on her face.

"Are you serious?" she asked.

"I have never been on my knees before anyone. I haven't been the same since the moment I saw you. And I want to be like this for the rest of my life, for you," I said.

She cried again, looking down, not meeting my gaze.

"Is it a no, ma'am?" I asked with a light chuckle, rubbing the back of her palm with my thumb.

She cupped my cheeks with her right hand, then slowly moved it into my hair.

I LOVE YOU, She said with her eyes filled with tears again.

I LOVE YOU MORE, SWEET CHEEKS. I got up on my feet and whispered against her lips before taking her into a breathless kiss.

"This belongs to you only, by the way," I said, showing her the earrings as I pulled them out of my pocket.

"And you belong to me," she replied, holding my hand and kissing me again, pressing her feet on the ground.