3. Virtual Meet part-1

Eeshal's POV

After entering my room I closed the door behind and sat on the floor with my back touching the door, tears started to blur my vision on it's own out of my control. I cursed myself for complimenting my smile yesterday as I know I have no right to be happy, no right to smile so freely as if my fate is making fun of me again. The voices in my head screamed loud and gets louder, my vision blurring, I clutch my head with my hands in attempt to stop the screams. I felt my breath uneven as if I ran a marathon. Trying to catch my breath I ponder, breathing feels like a task right now.

I should search a way out of this situation, I can't be like this, can't let this thing destroy me more.

I can't take this chance for granted, this chance was given to me by my Almighty, I remind myself Allah has saved me from the situations I wasn't aware of, he accepted my dua's bringing me out of that phase, I shouldn't be ungrateful towards my Lord after being saved from the worst.
I got up and forced myself towards the washroom and after making wudu, I placed my prayer mat and start offering salah to thank my Lord.

In prostration I cried my heart out, "Ya Allah you've been so close to me during my worst, you have saved me from the situations I was stuck into. Ya Allah I feel guilty for being ungrateful to you when you are the only light in my life which protects me from dark, you love me more than a mother loves her child, only you can see the agony I'm going through, ya Allah you're the most merciful and generous and again I'm here asking you for the direction for the unclear, doubtful and hazy future of mine, ya Allah I'm leaving it all upon you and I know you will make me choose the right path"

I felt as if the burden was off from my shoulders. After completing my salah I got up and as soon as I laid on my bed, sleep engulfed me because of all the tiredness and crying.
..............................................................

The next I open my eyes they fall upon the clock hanging on the opposite wall of the bed showing 2 pm. I stretched my arms while sitting up and after this sleep it felt as if the knots were untied from my heart, the magic of dua I thought to myself and got off from the bed to get ready as bhai said there would be a video call with the alliance family at 4 pm today.

As I descent down the stairs to the hall my mumma came into my view scolding our househelp to clean the couch and walls properly. Mom's and their obsessions with cleaning the house upon arrival of guest. I go towards her and remind her.
"Mumma you know na it's a video call, no one is going to visit our house so stop stressing out",
"So what if it's a video call you don't need a reason to clean the house, and you stop being lazy what will your in laws say after marriage" my mom snapped at me.

An angry mom is no less than a lioness, answer anything back at this time and we'll see what real hunting is.

I leave my mother alone and went outside to veranda in search of my brother. There he was, sipping on his tea and enjoying the view of our garden. As soon as I reach near him in an attempt to scare him to break out of his trance, he uttered
"Don't even try, I'm not turning back that doesn't mean I can't sense you trying to be mischievous right now" I stop my actions mid air sensing the warning in his voice.

"What? I wasn't trying to do anything" I lied and hepled myself by sitting on the chair opposite to him and savouring the biscuits I took from the table.

I can sense many conversations between both of us without uttering a word.
Him being concerned for me and myself assuring him that I'm fine and genuinely want to give this alliance a chance when I said yes for the call.

"I won't let you regret this",
"I know bhai"

............................................................................

I was made to sit in between my brother and my mother. I was very nervous and could feel the beads of sweat on the back of my neck as I watched my brother connecting the call to person named Shazain.
I wondered if his name is Shazain but couldn't ask a word to them as I was already being timid at the moment " Ya Allah too much suspense" I let my thoughts wander to the imaginary person before it could come to reality.

"Assalamualaikum" I heard a voice from the laptop but couldn't bring myself to raise my lashes and watch the screen. It was a manly voice of an aged person.
"Walaikumassalam uncle, how are you?" replied my brother.
"Good son, how are you?, how's your vacation going?"
How does he know that my brother is on a vacation?.
"Alhamdulillah, everything's good".

"Assalamualaikum Eeshal, how are you?"
I was called by a lady, I gathered enough courage, took a deep breath and raised my head, I saw 4 people sitting on a big couch and the lady who called me was beautiful like my mother giving me a radiant smile and waiting for my reply.
"Walaikumassalam" I answered timidly.

"Wow mom bhabs voice is as beautiful as she looks" says a boy who looks handsome and of my age.
"Of course bhai it's our bhabhi, she has to be beautiful than everyone" a girl replied, Oh God she's so pretty.

What is up with this family, how can everyone be so pretty and look at me they are calling me beautiful seriously?

"Okay now of both of you if are done with your praises can I have a talk with her too, and
"Shazain go and call your brother soon" and the boy and girl left from there towards the stairs which can be seen through the screen screaming "Bhaiiii..."

Oh so he is Shazain and if he's calling me bhabs then that means the boy which my brother mentioned must be someone else.

"So bete what are your future plans?" asked uncle, "I've recently completed my 3rd yr theory exams and waiting for practicals which will probably start after a week and then the preparation of Step 2 for 6 months" I answered in a low voice.
"Okay, good".

"Can you just stop with this education" aunty said looking towards uncle and then turned towards me saying "She must already be tired from writing exams, I've heard your Ammi saying you completed them yesterday" 
"Ji aunty" I nod my head slightly.

"So child I don't wanna beat around the bush and divert the topic, I've already seen your photos, heard about you and seeing you today I am totally convinced that you are beautiful and good for my son, and also this video call is meant for you both to see and know eachother, so I want to ask, are you okay for the alliance at this phase? Of course I won't say you need to come here right now and all, I understand your studies are important and I won't let you risk it"

She completed her long speech and I'm glad that she didn't sugar coat her words to impress me and later reject the proposal, and now it's my turn to reply her with honesty. I turned to my sides to look at my mother and my brother, they assured me with a slight smile and encouraged me to continue, I opened my mouth to answer her.....

         Comment, vote, and follow
...........................................................................

What do you guys think of the chapter ...
Guess who is gonna see each other in the next chapter??

Do share your reviews and opinions about the story and characters and do wait for the next chapter...

Next update on Thursday!!

For updates and follow ups check out instagram @Med_flare
Proofreading by sweetest @maybeauxillary2