chapter 23

Thank you all for 25.3 k reads on Qaraabat.

Chapter 23

Author's POV

Days passed and now only a few days were left in the marriage. Things have been a little shaken up but they were better than before. The wedding was just around the corner and the whole house was in a rush.

Warisha groaned in annoyance as her name was called out once again. She got up and went to her mother who had called for the tenth time in a damn hour.

Warisha: "Jee, apney bulaya?" (yes, you called?)

Ami: "haan, ja ker yeh try jerky ao" she said which made Warisha whine. (yeah! Go and try this out)

She took the piece of cloth from her mothers hand and went to her room.

This has been going on for the past whole week, she has been running here and there. After changing into the said dress she presented herself in front of her mother.

As soon as she got the chance she ran to her room. As she walked in her room, she saw Humza and Yazaan sitting on the sofa.

Warisha: " tum dono yaha kya ker rahe ho?" she asked as she walked further in her room.

(what are both of you doing here)

Humza: "uhm...wo humney tumhey kuch dikhana hai.'' Humza spoke after a few seconds of silence. Warisha nodded and motioned him to do as. Humza gulped and then forwarded his phone to her. She took a hold of his phone and then looked at the messages. They were screenshots of the messages Fazaan had sent her. More like threats rather than messages. She looked at it for a minute or two and then forwarded it back to Humza.

Warisha: "block kerdo" she said looking at him. (block him) Humza looked at Yazaan and then again spoke up.

Humza: "not just me Yazaan has also received similar messages." Warisha sucked in a deep breath and then looked at both of them.

Warisha: "It's nothing to be worried about. I've already blocked him." Yazaan shook his head at her words and then responded.

Yazaan: "you do realise that he is threatening you, stop acting as it is not a big deal."

Warisha: "stop exaggerating the issue, wo choti si dhamki de raha hai aur tum chahte ho ke main dar jao" (stop exaggerating the issue, he's giving me small threats and you want me to be scared by them.)

Yazaan: " dhamki choti ho ya bari ho, wo dhamki hi hoti hai." Warisha glared at him in return but didn't reply.

(a threat is a threat whether it's big or small)

Humza looked between the duo who were hell bent on testing each other's patience. Before he could entervine, Warisha spoke up.

Warisha: "What do you want me to do? Should I start replying to his messages?" she questioned sarcastically.
Yazaan: "yeah! Great idea, you know what, let's meet up with him."

Warisha: "sure at the same place where you met Maham." Humza winced at that and then looked at Yazaan who had a bored look on his face.

A few minutes passed and none of them spoke. Humza, wanting to cool the atmosphere down, spoke without thinking.

Humza: "Warisha tum apni saarey university ke friends ko bulaogi." Both Warisha and Yazaan gave him a look, which clearly showed their thoughts.

(Warisha, will you invite all of your university friends?)

Yazaan: "haan and please call saira on my behalf." Yazaan spoke with a smug smile on his face. A chuckle escaped from Warisha's lips as she looked at an annoyed Humza.

Saira was someone on whom Humza had a tiny crush in university days and the woman who had rejected him. Humza had bitter memories with Saira.

Humza: "I hate your husband. Kya soch ker shaadi ki thi tumney issey?" Humza exclaimed while side eyeing Yazaan.

(I hate your husband. What made you agree to marrying him)

Warisha: "mujh se kisi ne pucha tha. Aisey hi kerwa di thi." warisha exclaimed nonchalantly.

(did anyone bother to ask me. It was done like that)

Yazaan looked at the duo who had somehow again pointed at him in the end.

__________________________________________

Author's POV

Everyone was sitting together after dinner. Lately these late night talk sessions have been really common. Wazir sahab had requested this from everyone. Yazaan and Warisha were bickering when Raza (Sumbul's father) spoke.

Raza: " mainey Sumbul ka rishta paka ker diya hai." The announcement made everyone happy except the trio who were frozen. Yazaan and Warisha looked at Humza who was busy on his phone dismissing the whole scene. When Humza made no effort to express his thoughts both of them sighed and kept quiet. Sumbul was smiling while taking blessings from everyone. This was enough of a knife to Humza's heart but he kept his cool

_____________________________________________

How was the chapter?
Hope you liked the chapter

Plz vote and comment