Chapter Ten

Oakley

"Cinderella, you shall go to the ball," Cole announced, doing a little bow from his doorway. I jumped up in excitement, making Cole laugh. "I'll change quickly then we can drop by yours so you can get ready." He pulled his top over his head.

What the... My head prickled with heat and I was sure my cheeks were red.

Cole didn't even seem to notice my discomfort. He continued to change as if I was one of the guys. I didn't know where to look. What were the rules? I mean, I'd seen him at the beach and swimming pool, but this was much more intimate than that.

Oh bugger, get a grip!

I gulped when I heard something heavier than a t-shirt dropping to the floor. His denim shorts? Was he only in his boxers right now? I felt like I should leave, but Cole was between the door and me.

I focused on the floor and kept perfectly still, reminding myself to bloody breathe.

When I heard him pick up his keys, I decided it must be safe to look up.

"Ready then?" He asked, swinging his keys on his finger. I didn't acknowledge the question; I just walked past him. That was awkward...for me at least.

We made our way downstairs and found our parents in the kitchen, drinking coffee around the island. "We're going now," Cole told them.

"Okay. You both have a good time. Cole, please look after her and make sure she's home by eleven," Dad said, kissing my forehead. Eleven? I usually had to be home a lot earlier than that. What had gotten into him?

I looked up with my mouth hanging open. He chuckled deeply and ruffled my hair. "School holidays now. I guess I have to face up to the fact that you're not my little girl anymore."

His frown deepened towards the end of his little speech. It made me feel uncomfortable, and I wrapped my arms around myself.

"You stay with Cole the whole time and absolutely no alcohol." Dad's voice was stern, intimidating. I quickly nodded in agreement and pulled on Cole's arm to get him to leave.

Just as we reached the front door, Jasper's hand flew out in front of us. "And where do you think you're going?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows challengingly.

"We're eloping to Mexico," Cole muttered sarcastically, making me grin in amusement.

Jasper glared at Cole blankly. "If you get her pregnant I will kill you!"

What! Where on earth did that come from?

Cole laughed and shook his head while I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

"What's wrong with you, Jasper? Of course, I'm not gonna knock her up!"

"You'd better not," Jasper grumbled. "Look, if you two wanna start with the kissing and naked time, I get it and I support you, just don't hurt her."

I pushed past my idiot brother and jogged to Cole's car. Going to a party was the last thing I wanted to do now. Jasper had made me feel horrible and Cole's reaction, as if having a child with me was the most disgusting idea, didn't help. Obviously I didn't want a baby now, or ever actually, but it still stung.

"Good. Now...don't have her out too late, and for God's sake, wear a condom!" I heard Jasper yell after Cole.

Closing my eyes, I wished the ground to open up and swallow me whole. I couldn't stay around while they joked about that stuff. I got in Cole's car and waited for him.